PSC (Pearland Shooting Center). Anyone here a member?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Metalaxe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Metalaxe »

I live in the League City area and recently went to PSC to check out an IDPA match as my buddy is trying to get me into it. Anyway, the place looked awesome and everyone was really nice. It was a nice change of pace to my normal ranges which are Clear Creek Gun Range and the Arms Room. As an avid shooter it has just become too expensive to shoot at Clear Creek Gun Range as they charge per gun and do not have a membership program. Sometimes I only need to go out and shoot off a few and it's hard to justify spending $40 to try out a few rounds of new ammo.

Getting to the point, does anyone know how long the wait list really is or rather how long it may take? It's really close to me and looks awesome, but I need to find a solution to my current shooting arrangement as it really is bleeding me. I want to hold out for PSC but I fear I may wait and still never hear back from them/never have a spot open up. I thought someone here may be in the know and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas!

Topic author
Metalaxe

Re: PSC (Pearland Shooting Center). Anyone here a member?

Post by Metalaxe »

I agree with all of that. I've just heard rumors about years or never. :/

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

I am a member, but can't answer your question. It is a great range. I particularly like the self defense range where you can practice drawing from the holster. Charles Cotton is a PSC director so he may have some better information about future memberships.
NRA Endowment Member

Teamless
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Teamless »

I am also a member, and I love going there!
It is a very nice range and the membership fee is very reasonable.

For the wait list, if you haven't yet, please go to http://www.psc-range.com/index.php/form ... st-request" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and sign up.

The wait list, I do not believe, will be made public and there is a statement on the wait list form that says
The PSC Waiting List is not operated on a strict first-come-first-served basis as preference is given to Legacy Members. Submitting this New Member Waiting List Request does not guarantee that you will be afforded the opportunity to join PSC.
But as a member, I can say that I believe things are very straightforward, so do sign up, it doesn't cost you do so and without it, there is no chance to join.

Until such time as you are given the opportunity to join, as PSC has about 4,000 members (if my memory is somewhat correct), at any time you want to go to the range, you probably just need to make a post here and ask for someone to take you in.

I have done that a few times with various people I didn't know, except on this forum and I believe many others have as well.
So you can make new friends with similar interests and have a good time doing so.

Just remember, PSC is not a public range, they do not sell targets, ammo, eyes, ears, etc, so
Bring your own targets (printed, bought, it doesn't matter)
Bring your own white spray paint (I find rustoleum primer works best and is only about $4 / can) if you intend to shoot steel plates
Bring your own eyes (regular or sunglasses are fine, or even safety glasses)
Bring your own ears (plugs or muffs are ok)
Bring your own soft drinks, water, powerade, etc
Bring your own ammo

and have some SAFE FUN!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
Metalaxe

Post by Metalaxe »

WildBill wrote:I am a member, but can't answer your question. It is a great range. I particularly like the self defense range where you can practice drawing from the holster. Charles Cotton is a PSC director so he may have some better information about future memberships.
Thanks for the information Mr. Hickok. I appreciate it.

Teamless wrote:I am also a member, and I love going there!
It is a very nice range and the membership fee is very reasonable.

For the wait list, if you haven't yet, please go to http://www.psc-range.com/index.php/form ... st-request" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and sign up.

The wait list, I do not believe, will be made public and there is a statement on the wait list form that says
The PSC Waiting List is not operated on a strict first-come-first-served basis as preference is given to Legacy Members. Submitting this New Member Waiting List Request does not guarantee that you will be afforded the opportunity to join PSC.
But as a member, I can say that I believe things are very straightforward, so do sign up, it doesn't cost you do so and without it, there is no chance to join.

Until such time as you are given the opportunity to join, as PSC has about 4,000 members (if my memory is somewhat correct), at any time you want to go to the range, you probably just need to make a post here and ask for someone to take you in.

I have done that a few times with various people I didn't know, except on this forum and I believe many others have as well.
So you can make new friends with similar interests and have a good time doing so.
Thanks for the information. I am currently on the waiting list. I saw that same information you posted regarding the waitlist, I was just more or less wondering if it was even realistic for me to be trying to get in or if I should just get on the waitlist and then go elsewhere because it might be a few years or something. A big part of the reason I'd like to be a member at a range like that is to make some new shooting buddies. I have a small handful of them but they are all from different areas of Houston so sometimes it can be a challenge coordinating with them. Thanks again for the reply. I may hit you up sometime. :)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We normally have about 3,000 Members and will be opening up for new members in just a few weeks. Our non-renewal rate was down percentage wise, but was about the same number (approx. 200 people). Phase I of the Range 2 expansion project is almost complete, and we'll be starting Phase II shortly. We're working on a video for our "New Member Orientation" and it should be completed soon.

We discussed this issue at our Board meeting last week, and we should be able to take most of the 800 people currently on the waiting list, but those will be spread over several 35 to 40 person orientations.

Chas.

Topic author
Metalaxe

Post by Metalaxe »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:We normally have about 3,000 Members and will be opening up for new members in just a few weeks. Our non-renewal rate was down percentage wise, but was about the same number (approx. 200 people). Phase I of the Range 2 expansion project is almost complete, and we'll be starting Phase II shortly. We're working on a video for our "New Member Orientation" and it should be completed soon.

We discussed this issue at our Board meeting last week, and we should be able to take most of the 800 people currently on the waiting list, but those will be spread over several 35 to 40 person orientations.

Chas.
That's great! Thanks for the information. I hope to join the PSC family soon!

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Metalaxe wrote:. I may hit you up sometime.
Please do, but note, I only do pistols, so if you like rifles, I would not be the right person to pair up with

Also I like Charles comment
Charles L. Cotton wrote:and we should be able to take most of the 800 people currently on the waiting list,
, this should give you better hope (even if it is 40 people every 2 weeks, it may take a while, but at least it would be a light at the end of the tunnel!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

glbedd53
Posts in topic: 1

Post by glbedd53 »

I'm a PSC member but you might try Bayou Rifles in Juliff. It's a little farther and I don't know if they're taking new members. I shot there years ago and I remember it being a pretty good place. I think they have a 1000 yd range too.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I just received an email from the membership director assigning me to a new member orientation session next week! So I'm off to buy flowers & a little something for the wife before I talk to her about it. But I can't wait to become a part of the PSC family!
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

This is a joke right?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

function12

Post by function12 »

Great range. I have been a member for several years now. You must be a NRA memebr to join the PCS range. So, if you are not a NRA member then you need to join now or you can join during the orientation.
NRA Super Life Benefactor Member
PSC Member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

function12 wrote:Great range. I have been a member for several years now. You must be a NRA memebr to join the PCS range. So, if you are not a NRA member then you need to join now or you can join during the orientation.
I've heard great things about it. And I've seen a few of the videos that used to be on the website, so I am looking forward to it. No problem with the NRA membership as I've been a member for a few years now & my current membership expires toward the end of 2013. The email says that my membership needs to be valid through June 2013, so I'm good there.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

RussW

Post by RussW »

You will certainly enjoy PSC. Teamless was kind enough to take me and my son to PSC about 1.5 years ago... we loved it and joined within a month or so. We just beat the membership "shutdown"!

I'll make the same offer as Teamless did for me... if any non-members would like to go for a look-see, just shoot me a message and we'll see when we can arrange it.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”