Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Moby
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DFW FMJ Ranges?

Post by Moby »

Soft point or hollow point only.
Makes it expensive to shoot there.
HBAR wrote:Am going to try the Fossil Pointe range in Decatur next week. Thanks for the info. Elm Fork is a good range but I don't care for the 'dust cloud' that drifts over the 100-yd shooting benches when a vehicle enters/leaves the facility.

Quail Creek range is at I-35W/FM 1171 near Roanoke/Argyle and is a good range for 100-yd. No FMJ, etc. Well run and well maintained. Have been going there for years. http://www.quailcreekrange.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (am not affiliated with it)
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

BlastermanTX wrote:Actually, Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville allows 50 cal. Beowolf & AE, but not 50 cal. BMG.
Nor do they allow tracer or incendiary rounds.

This is a nice place to shoot and the people are pretty decent. The shortcoming is that they only have 25 yards.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Zen

Post by Zen »

I went to Eagle this weekend for first time. It is a nice place and the staff was easy going. they had no problems with any of my ammunition. They did ask to check to see what I was sitting to verify it wasn't tracer, but the look was cursory at best.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”