Temple Gun Club IDPA Match info?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 3

Temple Gun Club IDPA Match info?

Post by Kalrog »

I am seeing conflicting information in various locations around the web for when the Temple Gun Club holds its IDPA matches. Some say 1st Saturday and some say 3rd Saturday. I have tried emailing the contacts on the website, but have yet to get any answer back. Does anyone here know the correct information?

Also, is there anything special I need to know about when going to this particular range? I have shot IDPA at the Hays County range before, but this would be half the drive time for me and less driving = more shooting and that is a good thing!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I don't know that the information I have is any better, but TexasIDPA.com shows the match to be on the first Saturday of each month. (Terrell Rifle & Pistol Club IDPA matches are on the 3rd Sat.) The information about match dates and times came from the Match Directors for each club/match, but I can't be sure they always let me know of changes.

I hope this helps,
Chas.

http://www.TexasIDPA.com

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Yeah, I saw that on the IDPA site, but the Temple Gun Club site says 3rd Saturday. That is why I was asking.

Incidentally, I got the answer on a different forum. It IS the 3rd Saturday so the gun club's website that looks outdated is actually the correct one. Thanks for the help!

Johnny Van Etta
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Johnny Van Etta »

Here is the latest information on the Temple IDPA match.

JVE

This Saturday will be the next regular Temple Gun Club IDPA match.
Sign
in will be from 08:00-08:30 with hammer down at 08:45. If you are
available, setup will be held this Friday at the range at around 17:00
start time. Thanks!

Sean Cahill will be acting as Match Director in my absence and Robert
Trompler will be designing the courses of fire. You're in VERY capable
hands!

Chris Zimmerman

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Kalrog wrote:Yeah, I saw that on the IDPA site, but the Temple Gun Club site says 3rd Saturday. That is why I was asking.

Incidentally, I got the answer on a different forum. It IS the 3rd Saturday so the gun club's website that looks outdated is actually the correct one. Thanks for the help!
I'm confused, but some say that's common. The Temple Gun Club web site I find still says the first Saturday of each month. http://www.templegunclub.com/pages/IDPA.html Where did you see the 3rd Saturday? Since you say it's the third and since JVE's post says it's this Saturday (3rd), I'll change the Master Match Calendar.

Thanks,
Chas.

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

http://www.templegunclub.com/

Chas,
Check the main page and at the botton there is an FYI stating the move to 3rd Saturday.

JVE,
Where did you get that email/information? Is there a forum or group somewhere that I can get access to? It looks like this weekend won't work for me, but I would like to keep up to date on the happenings so maybe I can join next month.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Kalrog wrote:http://www.templegunclub.com/

Chas,
Check the main page and at the botton there is an FYI stating the move to 3rd Saturday.
Thanks!
Chas.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”