Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Fire at DFW Gun Range?

Post by Dragonfighter »

starrbuck wrote:This WAS where I usually SHOT! :shock:
Fixed it for ya.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

That's real shame. I've never shot there, but that's a shame. I wonder if they know who fired off the tracer round.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

Dragonfighter wrote:
KRM45 wrote:Didn't this same place burn a few years back?
Just did a records check back through January 2010 and got no hits on it.
The roof over the pistol range and a wall collapsed back in 2006. The incident closed the facility for quite a while.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Excaliber wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:
The roof over the pistol range and a wall collapsed back in 2006. The incident closed the facility for quite a while.
Ah, that would be why I couldn't find it. I only searched back to 2010 and NFIRS digital is kinda sketchy prior to 2008.
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Dragonfighter wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:
Ah, that would be why I couldn't find it. I only searched back to 2010 and NFIRS digital is kinda sketchy prior to 2008.
I think it was just a couple months after they opened.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'm pretty sure they've been there longer than 2006. They were there when I was going to UTSWMC back in the 90's.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

C-dub wrote:I'm pretty sure they've been there longer than 2006. They were there when I was going to UTSWMC back in the 90's.
I wasn't clear, as I'm on my droid... It was right around when the ownership changed. That's when I found out about the range.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RX8er wrote:
C-dub wrote:I'm pretty sure they've been there longer than 2006. They were there when I was going to UTSWMC back in the 90's.
I wasn't clear, as I'm on my droid... It was right around when the ownership changed. That's when I found out about the range.
Ah ha. :thumbs2:

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

RX8er wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:
<SNIP>

Now I'm curious if it was the same section. Was the original collapse storm/spontaneous? I'll look at the TIS and see if there's anything.

loveslattes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by loveslattes »

The original collapse was during a storm.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/T ... 89931.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

loveslattes wrote:The original collapse was during a storm.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/T ... 89931.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: Love the screen name!

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

C-dub wrote:
RX8er wrote:
Ah ha. :thumbs2:

Okay, here it is from their website:
Built from a solid foundation, the company was started In September 1995, when a local businessman and two Dallas police officers incorporated the present business known as the DFW Gun Club.

n5wd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wd »

C-dub wrote:That's real shame. I've never shot there, but that's a shame. I wonder if they know who fired off the tracer round.
Apparently, the person who was firing the tracers fessed up to it to DFD, according to the news report at 5:30 on Ch. 5
. The reporter mentioned the gent "had a clip of them".
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

stroo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stroo »

I just renewed my membership. :banghead: Who shoots a tracer round in an indoor range???? :mad5 :mad5

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

n5wd wrote:
C-dub wrote:That's real shame. I've never shot there, but that's a shame. I wonder if they know who fired off the tracer round.
Apparently, the person who was firing the tracers fessed up to it to DFD, according to the news report at 5:30 on Ch. 5
. The reporter mentioned the gent "had a clip of them".
Wow! Hope he's got a good insurance.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”