New Range coming to San Antonio area

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rev210
Posts in topic: 3

New Range coming to San Antonio area

Post by rev210 »

Lonestar Handgun is opening up their new range soon on the far east side I-10/1604 area according to their website and newsletter they sent out:

We are moving to our new location!

We have purchased over 200+ acres for our new shooting facility and we are moving our entire operation to the range beginning 30 August. All classes will be conducted at the new facility starting August 31st. While construction of the new building is being conducted we will be operating from our temporary building on the range.

Our new address is;

2661 N. Graytown Rd

Converse, TX 78109
http://www.lonestarhandgun.com/contact-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/566746/e81f7e4b3b/ARCHIVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Range coming to San Antonio area

Post by WinoVeritas »

I had notice they dropped their opening an indoor range in the area of 410E/IH35. Hopefully their new range won't have the ridiculous cost for access it did.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

they had a sign on that building on 35 but as far as I could tell they never even started work on it. I wondered if they were having problems with permits. The building is back up for sale.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

SewTexas wrote:they had a sign on that building on 35 but as far as I could tell they never even started work on it. I wondered if they were having problems with permits. The building is back up for sale.
This was dropped several months ago when the signs disappeared (I'm by there frequently). Their charter memberships and posted cost to join were ridiculous. Even more so, as I recall, than the new Nardis on IH-10. I suspect they did not get enough takers to finance the deal. Would have been a really good location.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I just wonder why they are moving way over there when they have an established clientele over here? that seems like a bad business move to me?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
rev210

Post by rev210 »

The Lonestar Handgun range looks like it is semi open now, they have pricing info on their website and pictures up on their Facebook page as well.

Construction is almost complete, but we are opening the range for your enjoyment on Saturdays from 10-6. The entry fee is $10.95 and an additional $6.95 to share the same shooting stall, this will give you access to both the handgun and rifle bays. The target retrieval systems are not yet completed so it will be a steel only range. We have 30 stalls open for handgun and 20 for rifle. Handgun goes out to 25yds and the rifle has targets at 100,200 & 300yds. Each stall is covered and has partitions separating you from the other shooter. Membership specials will be available starting on Friday. Limited rental guns will also be available. Call us with any questions and we hope to see you this weekend!

RANGE PRICING

$10.95 Covers the cost of both rifle and handgun bays, additional fee of $6.95 for two shooters on the same stall. Shoot as many firearms as you would like, no additional charges. You can stay as long as you want and shoot, if there is a line than you are limited to one hour of shooting. After that hour you go to the back of the line at no additional charge.

MEMBERSHIPS

Patriot- $24.95/month. Any AD, NG, RS, EMS, LEO, Firefighter, Commisioned Security Guard

Veteran- $27.95/month. Must show either a Retired ID, DD214, VA ID

Individual- $29.95/month

Family- $39.95/month. Includes two adults and any household members under 18

Membership includes: Unlimited use of range during business hours, 10% training discount, 10% merchandise discount (excludes Firearms, NFA & Ammunition), One free FFL transfer/year and reduced rate of $20 for all others.

RULES

1- No loading or unloading of firearms until on the firing line.

2- Rifles are not allowed to be used on the handgun side. This includes rifle caliber handguns.

3- You may keep your brass/steel casings if you desire.

4- Over the ear hearing protection and eye protection is required by everyone on the range.
http://www.lonestarhandgun.com/indoor-shooting-range" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

Certainly going to have to check this out. Little closer than Bexar Community and price is about the same. The one simple price is what will keep me coming back. And being one exit past mine on the way home. Wonder how late they'll be open.

Hmm. Rule two mentions nothing about pistol caliber rifles on the handgun range.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
rev210

Post by rev210 »

I also live about an exit down and will be checking it out as well, I like Bexar Community range a lot but it would be nice to have another option in the area.

Big Bronze Rim
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Big Bronze Rim »

I have been to Lonestar's new range and it is very nice. We went the first week they were open right before Christmas. I prefer outdoor ranges and, while not complete, it has a lot to offer. The pistol line has an assortment of steel targets set up at various distances and includes gongs and dueling trees. They told us they are working on setting up lighting as well as target runners. You can use shotguns on the pistol side as long as you use buck or birdshot. On the rifle side, there are various steel targets out to 300 yards (I wish it was further). Currently there are no real provisions for targets to zero a rifle, but they mentioned that they are working on that as well. The range fees were very reasonable and the staff was great. I have taken classes from Josh in the past (he used a bunch of photos of me from a class I took in their classroom :coolgleamA: ) and have always been pleased with the training I received. While they currently don't have any private bays to rent, I will definitely return as we had a great time.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”