Dallas area shooting ranges

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas area shooting ranges

Post by sjfcontrol »

jbenat wrote:I am surprised nobody has mentioned the brand new Frisco Gun Club (friscogunclub.com). We just joined today because today is the last day of pre-opening pricing. Hope it's worth the membership cost. We bought the Platinum family membership.
Pretty fancy for a gun range but it's only a few minutes from our house so for convenience sake we are in! :fire
The "Country Club" attitude (not to mention price) turns me off. I heard hey consider you as uncouth unless you hold your pinky out when gripping the gun. :roll:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

sjfcontrol wrote:
jbenat wrote:I am surprised nobody has mentioned the brand new Frisco Gun Club (friscogunclub.com). We just joined today because today is the last day of pre-opening pricing. Hope it's worth the membership cost. We bought the Platinum family membership.
Pretty fancy for a gun range but it's only a few minutes from our house so for convenience sake we are in! :fire
The "Country Club" attitude (not to mention price) turns me off. I heard hey consider you as uncouth unless you hold your pinky out when gripping the gun. :roll:
Is that with all guns or just the girly ones?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rentz

Post by rentz »

Yeah I might join due to the proximity and how many lanes they have...should mean shorter waits, plus full auto rentals

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Dave2 wrote:Isn't there a range kinda south and maybe a smidgen east of Ft Worth? I can't remember what it's called, and possibly I'm wrong about the east bit.
You may be thinking of Shoot Smart. They have two ranges in the area.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

jbenat
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbenat »

rentz wrote:
Yeah I might join due to the proximity and how many lanes they have...should mean shorter waits, plus full auto rentals
We went to the Frisco Gun Club shooting range today. It was opening day for members only. We really liked it! Had a great time and all the employees were very friendly and helpful. It is very fancy but lives up to the hype and fanfare. I was concerned about the price but considering how close it is to our house I guess it is worth it. I'm not a bit sorry we joined. Looking forward to going again!! :fire
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

DEB

Post by DEB »

Excaliber wrote:
Dave2 wrote:Isn't there a range kinda south and maybe a smidgen east of Ft Worth? I can't remember what it's called, and possibly I'm wrong about the east bit.
I went up to Fort Worth to visit with an old Army Buddy and my Son. I really enjoyed Shoot Smart, great indoor range, with a lot of rentals available. I shot my 1911, M1 Garand, Arisaka, and the Karabiner 98. They didn't have any issues with full metal jacket, just steel core or even if your ammunition could even attract a magnet, such as Tula 9mm. Really had a great time, no wait for the pistol ranges, just for the rifle suites.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Excaliber wrote:
Or, perhaps Alpine Shooting Range in Kennedale
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “Shooting Ranges”