Where to rent/shoot a .50BMG in Texas??

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
packinmama
Posts in topic: 2

Where to rent/shoot a .50BMG in Texas??

Post by packinmama »

I am trying to help out someone coming in from Australia in August. He is looking for somewhere to rent and shoot a .50 BMG while he is here. He has been in touch with Tac Pro in Mingus, but said he feels like he is getting a little bit of a runaround and now they are asking for payment up front. That sounds a little odd to me, but maybe they have a valid reason? Why would they require payment up front?

Does anyone know of anywhere else that would have a .50BMG for rent and the range to shoot it?

Thanks in advance!!

Pawpaw

Re: Where to rent/shoot a .50BMG in Texas??

Post by Pawpaw »

Where do you know of that you can shoot anything, including your own guns, without paying up front?

I'm not being nasty, I'd just like to know. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
packinmama

Post by packinmama »

Well, actually, at my home range - Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville, you don't pay until you are leaving, but that's not what I meant. He is coming from Australia and trying to book the time to rent and shoot the .50BMG and they are requesting he pays to even book the time before he gets here. Maybe it's because they bring in additional personnel to help him with it or something. ??

I am still wondering if there might be other places in Texas where he can rent one, if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Pawpaw wrote:Where do you know of that you can shoot anything, including your own guns, without paying up front?

I'm not being nasty, I'd just like to know. :tiphat:
I've never been to any range that actually took your money until you actually arrived, ready to shoot. If they wanted money up front, I would pass on that. And any other activities at that range. But that's just me.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

I guess it could be different if they had to bring in the gun/instructor, but you would think they would communicate that up front. It seems to me that gun shops/ranges have more than their fair share of poor customer service practices. Anecdotally speaking.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

packinmama wrote:Well, actually, at my home range - Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville, you don't pay until you are leaving, but that's not what I meant. He is coming from Australia and trying to book the time to rent and shoot the .50BMG and they are requesting he pays to even book the time before he gets here. Maybe it's because they bring in additional personnel to help him with it or something. ??

I am still wondering if there might be other places in Texas where he can rent one, if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!
Well, that puts a different light on it. I didn't realize they were demanding full payment before they would even book an appointment. I could understand requiring a deposit, assuming they would incur expenses if you failed to show up, but requiring full payment is extreme.

I didn't know any range waited until you're leaving to collect fees. Every one I've been to has required payment on arrival. Live & learn.

Thanks for responding.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

Pawpaw wrote:Where do you know of that you can shoot anything, including your own guns, without paying up?
Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie doesn't charge you until you are through shooting. Before DFW Gun Range burned down they did not charge until you were through shooting. I don't know about DFW now because I spend my time at Shoot Smart.

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Selina Kyle »

I think you can shoot one at Sportsman Shooting Center in Grapevine.

http://www.sportsmanshootingcenter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark or Adam can help you out. 817-310-8382
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

Selina Kyle wrote:I think you can shoot one at Sportsman Shooting Center in Grapevine.

http://www.sportsmanshootingcenter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark or Adam can help you out. 817-310-8382
P.S. They do have a .458 LOTT. :mrgreen: I believe it's $30 to shoot it, and you get a T-shirt that says "I shot the LOTT."
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

SSwt00SS

Post by SSwt00SS »

Taking out the 'rental and payment' aspects of wanting to fire a .50BMG, is there a range where one can be fired, around the DFW metroplex?

No one has actually answered that question. Just a lot of 'thinking' but nothing confirmed. Thanks.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

SSwt00SS wrote:Taking out the 'rental and payment' aspects of wanting to fire a .50BMG, is there a range where one can be fired, around the DFW metroplex?

No one has actually answered that question. Just a lot of 'thinking' but nothing confirmed. Thanks.
You can if you go here http://www.fusiongunrange.com/html/Facility.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
30 min east of downtown Dallas. Call and make arrangements.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

SSwt00SS wrote:Taking out the 'rental and payment' aspects of wanting to fire a .50BMG, is there a range where one can be fired, around the DFW metroplex?

If you read my first post, I put a phone number & names of the 2 managers of the range that can help the OP.
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

They're probably reserving a lane for him like a vip. They dont want him to fly 12, 000 miles only to discover that there are no lanes open n leave texas empy handed. If they r giving him the vip treatment then advance payment is reasonable.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

packinmama wrote:I am trying to help out someone coming in from Australia in August. He is looking for somewhere to rent and shoot a .50 BMG while he is here. He has been in touch with Tac Pro in Mingus, but said he feels like he is getting a little bit of a runaround and now they are asking for payment up front. That sounds a little odd to me, but maybe they have a valid reason? Why would they require payment up front?

Does anyone know of anywhere else that would have a .50BMG for rent and the range to shoot it?

Thanks in advance!!
http://www.tigervalley.com

Return to “Shooting Ranges”