PSC

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TheBlake
Posts in topic: 2

PSC

Post by TheBlake »

I have lived in Friendswood for the past 6 years, why am I just now finding out about this place??! And of course, as I do more research I find that membership is closed :frown5:

puma guy

Re: PSC

Post by puma guy »

TheBlake wrote:I have lived in Friendswood for the past 6 years, why am I just now finding out about this place??! And of course, as I do more research I find that membership is closed :frown5:
Sorry you just found out about PSC. It's a great place to shoot. There are probably forum members near you that would take you as a guest. You should probably talk about what type of shooting you do. They have some classes that are open to non-members and they do post membership orientation notifications from time to time for those on waiting lists.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
TheBlake

Post by TheBlake »

Yes, I saw that on the web page. Unfortunately, the wait list is closed as well until August.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Blake: Better late than never.

PSC has done--and continues--much expansion the past couple of years, particularly in rearranging and adding pistol bays. The result is that the number of members has been allowed to increase: they do a marvelous job of tracking membership, actual usage, and number of members allowed.

The PSC membership year runs from June 30 through June 30, that's why new memberships are closed right now, IIRC. Once the club determines the number of renewing members this summer, it will know how many new spots can be opened up.

Take puma guy's advice and find a member to take you along as a guest so you can get a feel for the place. Also consider shooting a monthly IDPA match; those are open to non-members, but are a little cheaper for members. 'Course, once you experience everything the place has to offer, the wait will seem that much longer.

Meanwhile, get your name on the waiting list. Right away. First come, first served. If you live in Friendswood and plan to shoot even 10 times per year, I can think of no better purchase than a PSC membership. It truly is a world-class shooting range. I live almost 60 miles away and get there less than 10 times per year, and I still consider it a must-have value.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

blake,
I am a member and have offered many times on this forum to take people.
Others have as well.

So as suggested, start a new thread "Anyone want to take me to PSC?"
and as said, type of shooting you like
Skeet/Trap
Rifle (short/long)
Pistol
Bow
Air

and then I am sure you will get some PMs started to discuss and get on out there.

enjoy!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

Well, one slot will open up at renewal. I've been a member for several years. I've shot at a lot of ranges and PSC is the best. Paved roads, scan badge access, open 7 days per week starting at 0800. Stop shooting time depends on time of year. Great ranges and especially bays for practicing draw, movement, multiple targets. Even real restroom. Bring two guests any time (more with board approval). All this for VERY reasonable annual membership. The good news is I've moved to the Hill Country. Bad news is that I don't get to shoot there anymore...and I miss all my shooting buddies.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Rhino1 wrote:Well, one slot will open up at renewal. I've been a member for several years. I've shot at a lot of ranges and PSC is the best. Paved roads, scan badge access, open 7 days per week starting at 0800. Stop shooting time depends on time of year. Great ranges and especially bays for practicing draw, movement, multiple targets. Even real restroom. Bring two guests any time (more with board approval). All this for VERY reasonable annual membership. The good news is I've moved to the Hill Country. Bad news is that I don't get to shoot there anymore...and I miss all my shooting buddies.
I get to shoot where you are. Deer lease near 46 and 3159 :lol: I know what you mean about the Hill Country though. We're going to have to make a decision whether to move up there or not at some point and if we do I will so miss PSC.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

harv418

Post by harv418 »

I am willing to take a guest as well. Just let me know what you like to do:
Pistols
Rifles
Bow
Airgun

I have not taken part in the Shotgun shooting YET. Key word being YET.
Robert Harvey
Friendswood, TX

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TheBlake wrote:Yes, I saw that on the web page. Unfortunately, the wait list is closed as well until August.
Be sure to sign up for Club email if you haven't already done so. Renewal season closes on June 30th and slots will open up sometime in July when we see how many people did not renew. It typically runs between 250 and 300. I'll send an email to everyone on the list when new membership is open and it will fill up fast!

Chas.

Treetop

Post by Treetop »

Make that TWO openings, rhino1. I have been a member since 1984, except for a few years back during the 90s when I was working all the over time I could, to get two daughters through college!

I retired last Monday and will be moving to our 25 acres up in central Texas this summer. Yes, I have nice 300 yard range right outside my back door!

Over the years, I have shot IPSC (I was one of the original Bay Area Practical Shooters), the NRA high power match, and lots of skeet and 5 stand at PSC. I have met many very nice folks out there and very few rude ones.

I'm really going to miss that place and all of the memories! Tt.
Life Member NRA
PSC member 1984-2015
Texas CHL holder since 1998
Sgt. USMC 1968-1971

Return to “Shooting Ranges”