Anyone know about Extreme Tactics and Training solutions ?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone know about Extreme Tactics and Training solutions ?

Post by pcgizzmo »

They are in Waxahachie. I've emailed and there voice mail is full. Thinking about making the drive over there on Sunday but dont' want to drive and hour if they won't be open. Didn't see times on their site and also wonder if they would allow someone to shoot one time w/out membership by just paying a day fee to try things out. I'd hate to committ w/out actually trying the place out.

Anyone been there or know anything about it and times they are open? Is there an office or something?

Thanks..

MadMonkey

Re: Anyone know about Extreme Tactics and Training solutions

Post by MadMonkey »

pcgizzmo wrote: Didn't see times on their site and also wonder if they would allow someone to shoot one time w/out membership by just paying a day fee to try things out.
I actually just asked someone about this and apparently they'll do day fees as well. I couldn't find it on their site either but this friend confirmed it.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

MadMonkey wrote:
pcgizzmo wrote: Didn't see times on their site and also wonder if they would allow someone to shoot one time w/out membership by just paying a day fee to try things out.
I actually just asked someone about this and apparently they'll do day fees as well. I couldn't find it on their site either but this friend confirmed it.
I went out there one weekend to look around. The owner is extremely polite and helpful....he took me around the range and explained the rules. $30 per person day pass and different memberships available. They also host a lot of shooting classes and competitions. Also, rifle shooters have to be checked out at the 100 & 200yd ranges to make sure they don't shoot over the berm. I didn't have anything other than my carry gun there, so I didn't shoot that day. But I intend to return and try them out.

If you're lucky, you may even see Colion Noir filming a video there. That's his range....

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Jason K wrote:If you're lucky, you may even see Colion Noir filming a video there. That's his range....
Really?? I had no idea he's a DFW guy. Explains a lot :cool:

I might try it out sometime since my current range only gets to 70yds and I like to do distance shooting now and then. Definitely closer than Best of the West!
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

MadMonkey wrote:
Jason K wrote:If you're lucky, you may even see Colion Noir filming a video there. That's his range....
Really?? I had no idea he's a DFW guy. Explains a lot :cool:

I might try it out sometime since my current range only gets to 70yds and I like to do distance shooting now and then. Definitely closer than Best of the West!
They have a 1000yd range, but you have to take a course and qualify before you shoot on it (IIRC).

Topic author
pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

Thanks for the replies. I went out today and shot for a while with some friends. As stated the ower is very friendly and showed us around. We shot in a pistol bay at some of the steel targets. Also shot my AR at the 100 and 200 yard range. This place has to potential to be really nice. My only compaint would be that the bays need to have better targets stands and steel setup but all in all it's well worth a visit and possibly joining. There are certianly not many places around DFW that have the potential this place has for flexibility in shooting. Also need to mention drawing from holster is not an issue here.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TVGuy »

I would encourage anyone to also check out Critical Defense Group. It takes the same time to get there and has top notch instruction. We do some really great courses of fire on a monthly basis.

They are not open for solo range time. Classes and "Special Situations" for handgun, carbine, or shotgun are on the weekends. They can also do small private groups during weekdays.

I'm yet to find an instructor around that's better than Mac or cares more about his students becoming proficient.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”