Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

DPC closed due to flooding - video

Post by The Annoyed Man »

[video][/video]
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DPC closed due to flooding - video

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

That's bad, perhaps real bad! I hope they don't have a lot of permanent equipment or facility damage.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Looks like a very nice facility. Hope they had paid up flood insurance. I wonder how many strays have zoomed over some vehicles?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

mojo84 wrote:Looks like a very nice facility. Hope they had paid up flood insurance. I wonder how many strays have zoomed over some vehicles?
ZERO!

It would be virtually impossible for that to happen unless someone was just being reckless and fired into the air! They would get a one way ticket out if that were to happen! This club has been there longer than that highway and now there are soccer and baseball fields directly behind it. They have gone out of the way to maintain safety!
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

The berms and backstops are much higher than they appear in the video. Unless you are shooting from a boat.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:That's bad, perhaps real bad! I hope they don't have a lot of permanent equipment or facility damage.

Chas.
Some of it has had to be demo'd and the club is in discussions about how to proceed rebuilding. I haven't been there since the flooding, but I understand that the clubhouse was fairly damaged, along with some storage and indoor airgun facilities. The recently built restrooms fared better, from what I've heard.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

All shooting areas are open except the air range. The club house has extensive damage. All bays, etc are open. Electric gates are not working, but will be restored eventually.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “Shooting Ranges”