Arms Room rant/inquiry on change of policy

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Arms Room rant/inquiry on change of policy

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

MONGOOSE wrote:I did assume all police departments had there own ranges.
You did assume all police departments have their own ranges. I believe you have stated before you are in New Mexico, does every agency in NM have their own private range?
MONGOOSE wrote:You seem to think you should be afforded special privileges at a range because you are a LEO.
What is it about LE that gets you upset? It seems like every time you talk about LE, that same phrase comes from you. What special privilege do I have? How about you stop talking about privileges already, it's getting old. I have training, lots of it, that's why I expect to be allowed to use my holster. I would expect the same for everybody here that has extensive training.

I don't think your judgement or experience is any greater than mine.
I'm certain you don't. It would seem that you insist that yours be far greater than mine, without any knowledge of who I am. Rather prejudice if it were to be true. Why you bring this up continues to raise questions.

You talk of your holster which even Gunsite will not allow.[/quote]
I'm certain there are more that will not allow me talk of my holster...

Did I demand special privileges because of a badge? No. Did I demand a cupcake for being special, No. There is no need to think that I am any more special than anybody else here because of a title. Training and experience is what matters.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

You imply you have greater training than I but you do not no me either . You imply that by wearing an official shirt or duty belt that you should be recognized as a LEO and given special treatment

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

I reckon we can quibble back and forth all night, but it has been a long day....take care

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

MONGOOSE wrote:You imply you have greater training than I but you do not no me either . You imply that by wearing an official shirt or duty belt that you should be recognized as a LEO and given special treatment
Imply? I scoff that ANYBODY with the proper training should be forbidden. You would at least think that a LEO would be recognized as having such without having to ask, as you might ask of just anybody walking up to the firing line. I do not imply anything about your training, and if I did, please provide reference. You make up this entitlement stuff, as there is no difference other than a uniform that can be recognized. If you had a CHL badge, one might be able to identify you as having some training, had it been required in the CHL course.

If you can do it properly and safely, then I think you should be allowed to. Requiring a range specific certification that costs money is a bad joke. That is what we are talking about here.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Please cease the personal argument or we'll have to shut it down. The Topic is about policy at the Arms Room and possible draw-from-holster alternatives in the League City/Clear Lake area.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Shooting Ranges”