Fort Worth has a new shooting range/retail store

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Fort Worth has a new shooting range/retail store

Post by joe817 »

On my way into Ft.Worth to pick up the wife from work, heard on KLIF radio(570AM) an advertisement for Defender Outdoors Shooting Center. This is the first I've heard of this place. Has a 6,000 sf retail store attached. 24 lane pistol range, 6 rifle lanes(85 yd).

http://defenderoutdoorsshootingcenter.com/range/

Looks like a pretty neat place to check out.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fort Worth has a new shooting range/retail store

Post by tfrazier »

Looks really cool. I like the $1 per bullet try before you buy offer. I'll be checking this place out in person next month after I recover from knee surgery.

Thanks for the news!

Topic author
joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Most welcome! I looked at the map on their website and it's real close to Omaha Surplus on White Settlement. I LOVE going into that place. The only true army surplus stores still left, that I'm aware of.

I now have 2 places to go when I'm down in that area.....well 3 counting Angelo's BBQ! :drool: :lol:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Thanks joe817 I go through that area some but never knew they were building it. I go into Omahas all the time so this will give me another excuse besides Angelo's to stay in the neighborhood!! :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I will have to try it out. :patriot: :txflag:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

doncb

Post by doncb »

At $20 an hour for a non member it's a non-starter.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jb2012 »

I stopped by the week after Christmas and it is extremely nice. I really like how they have their pistols set up; they are out in the open but tethered to a piece of rod where they can hang when you are finished handling. They have a nice optics section similar to the pistols that allows you to try everything out. Their selection of parts is slim honestly, but I don't believe that is what they are after anyway(For parts in ft worth trinity ordnance has some good stuff). I was in the market for a holster and they have a small selection but everything is high quality. They carry DM Bullard leather and Bravo Concealment Kydex. Unfortunately they did not have what I was looking for in a DM Bullard so I went with a Bravo Concealment OWB holster, and could not be more happy with it. All in all it seems like a high quality store, most everything I saw was of at least decent quality. If you're in that area Trinity Ordnance is only 15 minutes away and is also worth a visit.

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

joe817 wrote:Most welcome! I looked at the map on their website and it's real close to Omaha Surplus on White Settlement. I LOVE going into that place. The only true army surplus stores still left, that I'm aware of.

I now have 2 places to go when I'm down in that area.....well 3 counting Angelo's BBQ! :drool: :lol:

Right down the street from Angelo's. I was there last week due to a gift card I got from the wife for Christmas. Impressive place even though they do not have the inventory some of the other stores have. Very friendly.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

doncb wrote:At $20 an hour for a non member it's a non-starter.
The range I frequent is $20 for the day. I'm sure this place is nice though based off I've seen on their website.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Easyasmc

Post by Easyasmc »

jb2012 wrote:I stopped by the week after Christmas and it is extremely nice. I really like how they have their pistols set up; they are out in the open but tethered to a piece of rod where they can hang when you are finished handling. They have a nice optics section similar to the pistols that allows you to try everything out. Their selection of parts is slim honestly, but I don't believe that is what they are after anyway(For parts in ft worth trinity ordnance has some good stuff). I was in the market for a holster and they have a small selection but everything is high quality. They carry DM Bullard leather and Bravo Concealment Kydex. Unfortunately they did not have what I was looking for in a DM Bullard so I went with a Bravo Concealment OWB holster, and could not be more happy with it. All in all it seems like a high quality store, most everything I saw was of at least decent quality. If you're in that area Trinity Ordnance is only 15 minutes away and is also worth a visit.

You know DM Bullard's shop is in Azle right??

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Easyasmc wrote:
jb2012 wrote:I stopped by the week after Christmas and it is extremely nice. I really like how they have their pistols set up; they are out in the open but tethered to a piece of rod where they can hang when you are finished handling. They have a nice optics section similar to the pistols that allows you to try everything out. Their selection of parts is slim honestly, but I don't believe that is what they are after anyway(For parts in ft worth trinity ordnance has some good stuff). I was in the market for a holster and they have a small selection but everything is high quality. They carry DM Bullard leather and Bravo Concealment Kydex. Unfortunately they did not have what I was looking for in a DM Bullard so I went with a Bravo Concealment OWB holster, and could not be more happy with it. All in all it seems like a high quality store, most everything I saw was of at least decent quality. If you're in that area Trinity Ordnance is only 15 minutes away and is also worth a visit.

Yessir, I knew they were nearby but I was on a time crunch. I was helping a buddy move and he happened to want to stop by, so I took advantage of the situation. I fully plan on making a visit out to his shop and having a holster made.

mayor

Post by mayor »

Awwwright! That's not far from work and I can drop by on the way home...
Oh, wait, I work on a federal reservation and can't take my guns to work without the risk of termination.

Easyasmc

Post by Easyasmc »

jb2012 wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:

Yessir, I knew they were nearby but I was on a time crunch. I was helping a buddy move and he happened to want to stop by, so I took advantage of the situation. I fully plan on making a visit out to his shop and having a holster made.

I've bought 3 holsters so far from his shop. If you go there, they more than likely have something already made unless you want something custom done. Nice friendly folks down there.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Easyasmc wrote:
jb2012 wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:

I've bought 3 holsters so far from his shop. If you go there, they more than likely have something already made unless you want something custom done. Nice friendly folks down there.
Wow, I was unaware that they keep any holsters ready to sell. If I would have known I would have definitely opted for leather (just preference). Most of the leather guys I've worked with in the past have a waiting period on anything they build.

Easyasmc

Post by Easyasmc »

jb2012 wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:
jb2012 wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:

Wow, I was unaware that they keep any holsters ready to sell. If I would have known I would have definitely opted for leather (just preference). Most of the leather guys I've worked with in the past have a waiting period on anything they build.
They usually keep a stock of their different models for gunshows and stuff.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”