Fire at indoor range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Fire at indoor range

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

One of the local indoor ranges closed for repairs. Local news outlet doing it's usual woefully incomplete job.......
Sounds like the fire was actually in the store portion of the building.....

http://www.krgv.com/story/37925051/fire ... n-business
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

ScottDLS

Re: Fire at indoor range

Post by ScottDLS »

I have actually caused a fire at an indoor range. I was shooting Wolf steel cased 9mm out of a MAC10 with a “fake” barrel extension (real purpose of the extension is to act as a grip forward of the barrel so I don’t shoot the tips of my fingers off :shock: ). Anyway the barrel extension was dirty i guess with powder residue resulting in sparks going down range and landing on the floor with was dirty with bits of targets and carbon dust. The RSO came in and sprayed it with a fire extinguisher called the range cold and swept the floor. Then we started shooting again.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Did a similar thing with my .454 at an indoor range.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

ScottDLS wrote:I have actually caused a fire at an indoor range. I was shooting Wolf steel cased 9mm out of a MAC10 with a “fake” barrel extension (real purpose of the extension is to act as a grip forward of the barrel so I don’t shoot the tips of my fingers off :shock: ). Anyway the barrel extension was dirty i guess with powder residue resulting in sparks going down range and landing on the floor with was dirty with bits of targets and carbon dust. The RSO came in and sprayed it with a fire extinguisher called the range cold and swept the floor. Then we started shooting again.
I worked at a gun range for a while and saw this happen! Pretty wild! Luckily it really wasn't a huge issue as the fire was contained to a patch of concrete far away from anything that would catch fire.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”