Indoor Range around Clear Lake

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AOPAPilot
Posts in topic: 4

Indoor Range around Clear Lake

Post by AOPAPilot »

Looking for an indoor range around Clear Lake (or outdoor) Id rather not go to Marksman, drive out to PSC, or to Texas City. If anybody knows of one please let me know here.

TraCoun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TraCoun »

There is an indoor range called SSC Shooting Center. It is off of FM 2351 as you head toward Friendswood from I-45. Look for a Lutheran Church on the left, SSC is down a road from there. There is a sign. I believe it is technically in Webster, but close to Friendswood. Haven't been there in years, so I don't know how well it's being run now.

TraCoun

Topic author
AOPAPilot

Post by AOPAPilot »

TraCoun wrote:There is an indoor range called SSC Shooting Center. It is off of FM 2351 as you head toward Friendswood from I-45. Look for a Lutheran Church on the left, SSC is down a road from there. There is a sign. I believe it is technically in Webster, but close to Friendswood. Haven't been there in years, so I don't know how well it's being run now.

TraCoun
ahhhh yeh, that is the one I was talking about. That guy is a jerk, I wont set foot in that place again.

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

AOPAPilot wrote:

ahhhh yeh, that is the one I was talking about. That guy is a jerk, I wont set foot in that place again.
He is definitely different to deal with, I've heard more than one person besides you make similar comments.

Sorry, that's the only one I know of ...

TraCoun

Topic author
AOPAPilot

Post by AOPAPilot »

TraCoun wrote:
AOPAPilot wrote:

He is definitely different to deal with, I've heard more than one person besides you make similar comments.

Sorry, that's the only one I know of ...

TraCoun
I should open one up

:lol:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I like Pasadena Gun Center...but it's further than Marksman.

You should check Pasadena out sometime if you haven't been there.

Other than that, the League City range is the only other one I know of. It's not the best, but the rifle range is okay.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KinnyLee »

Paladin wrote:I like Pasadena Gun Center...but it's further than Marksman.

Other than that, the League City range is the only other one I know of. It's not the best, but the rifle range is okay.
I wouldn't mind giving that a try.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

KinnyLee wrote:
Paladin wrote:I like Pasadena Gun Center...but it's further than Marksman.

I wouldn't mind giving that a try.
$20/hour to rent a machinegun... ammo is extra 8)
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
AOPAPilot

Post by AOPAPilot »

If you guys want to set up a mini-meet I am game. I will be working out of Atlanta next week till Friday afternoon so maybe you guys would like to go Saturday or Sunday?

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

If I absolutely need to punch holes in paper I may still go to SSC...Its about 5 minutes from Casa Steve, and I agree the people who work there are sometimes a pill to take...

I honestly don't know how they make it, even with my very seldom patronage...

They have one heck of a range ammo producing machine back there though...

But the place reminds me of a Telephone Road "ice house" where somebody gets shot every Saturday night or so...The atmosphere is kinda spooky at times...

I never expect a range to be spic and span, but this place is, at times, a dump...I never wanted to hang out for very long, for fear something would crawl out and plant me as a permanent fixture...

I could see where they could improve the place a bunch, if someone were to just do the obvious things to bring in more shooters...

Its location is just too good...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

+1 for Pasadena Gun Center. Good place to shoot.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:+1 for Pasadena Gun Center. Good place to shoot.
Thats the one right off of 225, right???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Yep. West of Red Bluff, North of 225. You can yahoo it.

Dave the owner is great. He rents Class 3 autos too in case shooting pistolas bores you.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:Yep. West of Red Bluff, North of 225. You can yahoo it.

Dave the owner is great. He rents Class 3 autos too in case shooting pistolas bores you.
Yep, I've been looking for an excuse to go venture forth that way...My in-laws are right down Red Bluff from there...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

My office is near there. I have been known to wolf down my lunch and drive over to burn a few boxes of ammo at noon. Relieves stress.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”