Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PBratton
Posts in topic: 1

Bayou Rifles Membership

Post by PBratton »

Received this from by buddies at BR:

If you know anyone who wants to join Bayou Rifles, please ask them to go to https://bayourifles.wildapricot.org/App ... Membership at 8:00pm on Saturday, March 9, 2019 and sign up on the waiting list which will open at that time. The only way to become a member is to sign up on the waiting list while it is open. Membership is limited so the waiting list will be closed when enough potential new members have signed up to reach our membership cap. Please know that in previously openings it only it took a few minutes to reach our limit.

Good Luck!
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

mrvmax

Re: Bayou Rifles Membership

Post by mrvmax »

Thanks, I’d like to shoot on that 1000 yard range.

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

Not sure that this was supposed to be sent out to the general public. New applicants must be recommended by a current member.

One has to qualify to be able to shoot at 1000 yards (they want to make sure that you are not putting bullets off the property). My experience was to have to shoot at 300 yards first (front range). The front range was then closed and we went to the back range (600 - 1000 yards). Since I had previously shot at 1000 yards at a long range class and knew my settings, we went straight to the 1000 yard line (if you have not shot at that distance, you may have to start at 600 yards and work your way out - be sure to know your sight settings and have a rifle/ammo combo that will get there). 5 shots later I had my qualification. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to get back on the 1000 yard line in several years. Hope to fix that this year.

The 600 - 1000 yard range is not always open for use as it is directly behind (and in line with) the 300 yard range. Only one of the two is open at a time.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I have a couple of acquaintances that shoot there and at Camp Perry. I watched a 1000 yard match a few yrars ago at but haven't been there since. I always thought membership was by recommendation/referral.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Cheapsk8

Post by Cheapsk8 »

i joined last year. Have not made it over to the Addicks location yet but will get over there soon. Juileff we shot shotguns and clays for fun and a little rifle and pistol practice. Would like to go watch a long range match some time but afraid it might develop another itch I would need to scratch.
In life as in baseball, it is the number of times you reach home safely that count.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”