Just Opened in Grapevine - Texas Gun Experience

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Just Opened in Grapevine - Texas Gun Experience

Post by PUCKER »

I have not been there yet but I've driven by a bunch, it's right down the road from my office...it's on the South end of Main St. (South of Hwy 114) next to Schlotzsky's. According to their facebook page the retail space is open although the shooting range is not, still working on that apparently. :tiphat:

http://texasgunexperience.com

joe817

Re: Just Opened in Grapevine - Texas Gun Experience

Post by joe817 »

Wow. That's almost on DFW property. I used to work right by there. I need to check that out. Thanks for the heads up!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

Exact same business model as FGC. I hope it does not turn out like FGC customer services, horrible.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MadMonkey »

I spent an hour there this morning and got the grand tour from one of the employees. I think 15 25yd lanes, 11 50yd lanes, boardroom, lounge, large retail space, gunsmith, decent knife section, over 100 machine guns to rent, etc.

I think their inventory is going to change a LOT, they have a bunch of stuff that doesn't really move well in brick & mortar spaces like small AR parts limited to only a couple of brands, whole ranges of certain scope brands rather than the most popular models, etc.

The gun selection is okay, they have some higher end stuff like Falkor and some reasonably priced things as well, down to cheap brands like Bersa and Hi Point.

Member ship prices are surprisingly reasonable and you'll be able to reserve lanes ($69 a month for unlimited visits I THINK).

Employees are very friendly, but also new.

I wish them well, but it feels like another of those places that will be open for a couple of years then disappear. I hope that's not the case.

I went in to get a Glock 43X but they don't participate in GSSF pricing :grumble
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

If they treat their members right they will survive. If they degrade their members privileges, they will go bust.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

MadMonkey wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 am I spent an hour there this morning and got the grand tour from one of the employees. I think 15 25yd lanes, 11 50yd lanes, boardroom, lounge, large retail space, gunsmith, decent knife section, over 100 machine guns to rent, etc.

I think their inventory is going to change a LOT, they have a bunch of stuff that doesn't really move well in brick & mortar spaces like small AR parts limited to only a couple of brands, whole ranges of certain scope brands rather than the most popular models, etc.

The gun selection is okay, they have some higher end stuff like Falkor and some reasonably priced things as well, down to cheap brands like Bersa and Hi Point.

Member ship prices are surprisingly reasonable and you'll be able to reserve lanes ($69 a month for unlimited visits I THINK).

Employees are very friendly, but also new.

I wish them well, but it feels like another of those places that will be open for a couple of years then disappear. I hope that's not the case.

I went in to get a Glock 43X but they don't participate in GSSF pricing :grumble
Some of them were employees at Crossfire and have been hired by TGE.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MadMonkey wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 am I went in to get a Glock 43X but they don't participate in GSSF pricing :grumble
Try 1800GunsAndAmmo, located where 26 and Davis meet, in NRH. It’s a brick and mortar outlet for the Weby shops, which used to be located in Arlington, and recently relocated to NRH. I don't know if they participate in GSSF or not, but their retail pricing is pretty decent. I recently bought an Aero stripped lower and an Aero finished upper (no barrel/handguard) from them, and their pricing was pretty decent. I’d buy there again. They also have a multi-lane indoor 25 yard range, but it hasn’t opened up yet.

WebyCorp
7901 Boulevard 26 #200
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
https://1800gunsandammo.com/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

extremist
Posts in topic: 3

Post by extremist »

I'm there now. Trust me, we will take care of members, have best selection of stuff in town, and Membership is first priority. 6 public 50 yard lanes is the biggest in Metroplex I believe. 15 public 25 yard lanes. We do our best to match other local brick and mortar stores. $25 transfers, Silencer Shop kiosk and lots of suppressors. From Hi-points to Guncrafter/Cabot/Wilson you will find it there.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

extremist wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:06 pm I'm there now. Trust me, we will take care of members, have best selection of stuff in town, and Membership is first priority. 6 public 50 yard lanes is the biggest in Metroplex I believe. 15 public 25 yard lanes. We do our best to match other local brick and mortar stores. $25 transfers, Silencer Shop kiosk and lots of suppressors. From Hi-points to Guncrafter/Cabot/Wilson you will find it there.
Still hiring?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

extremist wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:06 pm I'm there now. Trust me, we will take care of members, have best selection of stuff in town, and Membership is first priority. 6 public 50 yard lanes is the biggest in Metroplex I believe. 15 public 25 yard lanes. We do our best to match other local brick and mortar stores. $25 transfers, Silencer Shop kiosk and lots of suppressors. From Hi-points to Guncrafter/Cabot/Wilson you will find it there.
I asked about this while I was there and they said you didn't have one :totap:

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 am
MadMonkey wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 am I went in to get a Glock 43X but they don't participate in GSSF pricing :grumble
Try 1800GunsAndAmmo, located where 26 and Davis meet, in NRH. It’s a brick and mortar outlet for the Weby shops, which used to be located in Arlington, and recently relocated to NRH. I don't know if they participate in GSSF or not, but their retail pricing is pretty decent. I recently bought an Aero stripped lower and an Aero finished upper (no barrel/handguard) from them, and their pricing was pretty decent. I’d buy there again. They also have a multi-lane indoor 25 yard range, but it hasn’t opened up yet.

WebyCorp
7901 Boulevard 26 #200
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
https://1800gunsandammo.com/
I went straight up to K5 Arms Exchange in Trophy Club and picked one up the next day :biggrinjester: Thanks though, I'll look into this place!

extremist

Post by extremist »

MadMonkey wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm
I asked about this while I was there and they said you didn't have one :totap:
Not setup yet from the move, but it it will be.
:drool:

extremist

Post by extremist »

Silencer Shop Kiosk is up and running.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

extremist wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 pm Silencer Shop Kiosk is up and running.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”