Outdoor private ranges like Mission 160

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Seanzky
Posts in topic: 2

Outdoor private ranges like Mission 160

Post by Seanzky »

I've been looking for an outdoor range much like Mission 160 to become a member of. I've been trying to reach the owner trying to sign up but he doesn't respond to my emails, texts, calls, etc. Does anyone in North TX (DFW) have any recommendations for such a range? I like to be able to move around in a bay and shoot steel and/or paper, allowed to draw from holster, rapid fire, etc.
--Sean

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Outdoor private ranges like Mission 160

Post by 2farnorth »

Interesting. I live about 10 miles from there, use that highway a lot, but never even heard of it. I don't remember ever seeing that gate pictured on their facebook page. The only other one that I am familiar with around here is a very small pistol range in Edhube. There are more but I can't name them right now.
N5PNZ

Topic author
Seanzky
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Seanzky »

2farnorth wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:02 am Interesting. I live about 10 miles from there, use that highway a lot, but never even heard of it. I don't remember ever seeing that gate pictured on their facebook page. The only other one that I am familiar with around here is a very small pistol range in Edhube. There are more but I can't name them right now.
I don't know why I've never come across that one in my search. I'm going to look into that one. Thanks!

EDIT: Ah, they're a regular outdoor range. I'm looking for one like Mission 160 where I can draw, shoot steel, rapid-fire, etc.
--Sean

equin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by equin »

The North TX/DFW area is a geographically large area. I’ve never heard of Mission 161 and have no idea where it is. So my guess is that it’s far from the southern part of DFW where I’m more familiar. That said, TDSA in Ferris and ETTS in Waxahachie are private membership ranges that allow you to do what you want, or at least they used to.
Ed

Return to “Shooting Ranges”