NRA filing Chapter 11

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bozz48
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA filing Chapter 11

Post by Bozz48 »

Anyone heard what town/city/area they are moving to?

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

As I understand it, this "move to Texas" is simply for the purposed of registering their incorporation. As such, it doesn't mean that they will necessarily move any staff or operations to Texas.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:18 pm As I understand it, this "move to Texas" is simply for the purposed of registering their incorporation. As such, it doesn't mean that they will necessarily move any staff or operations to Texas.
:iagree:

It could be argued that keeping operations near DC is in our best interest, because that is where they have the biggest impact.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:18 pm As I understand it, this "move to Texas" is simply for the purposed of registering their incorporation. As such, it doesn't mean that they will necessarily move any staff or operations to Texas.
Don't jump to any conclusions. If the bankruptcy judge approves the reorganization, then . . .

Chas.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm
Don't jump to any conclusions. If the bankruptcy judge approves the reorganization, then . . .

Chas.
Well, hopefully if HQ moves to Texas the new location won’t be in a 2A unfriendly city/county.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Chas.
Then we should hope that, if they in fact do relocate to Texas, it won’t be to any of the cities that are in totalitarian democrat hands.....where they’ll be hounded the same way New York hounded them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Lynyrd wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:26 pm It never made any sense for the NRA to be in NY.

Not in the last 20-40 years, but NY was at one time a free state. Upstate, other than the liberal rat holes similar to our own Austin, San Antonio, and Houston, still are surprisingly right leaning.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

How serious is this revelation? In the Chapter 11 bankruptcy hearing, Wayne failed to disclose trips & gifts.

From NewsMax:
Wayne LaPierre, the top executive of the National Rifle Association, testified in a federal court hearing that will determine whether a trustee should replace him that he violated its policies and failed to disclose free overseas yacht trips.

Under questioning from a lawyer for New York’s Attorney General, LaPierre defended the use of the yacht calling the trips a “security retreat.” Family members joined him on at least some yacht trips he took annually for six years, LaPierre said Wednesday.

The NRA boss said that the yacht trips were among several items of value that he failed to disclose from 2013 and 2020, including a hunting trip in Botswana.

“It should have been disclosed,” LaPierre told U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Harlin D. “Cooter” Hale during a court fight that could reshape one of the most politically powerful organizations in the U.S.

LaPierre said he didn’t pay for the hunting trip, but described it as part of the gun-rights organization’s image-building efforts. He filed a disclosure form for the first time in the past few days listing items of value he’d received from people with, or who may be seeking, ties to the NRA.

New York’s top law enforcement officer, Letitia James, is asking a federal bankruptcy judge in Dallas to either appoint a trustee to run the NRA instead of LaPierre, or to throw out its bankruptcy case, which would make it easier for her to seize the group’s assets if she prevails in a New York lawsuit.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I was about to book a room for the NRA convention in Houston. Then I remembered something about a Chapter 11 filing. Did this get resolved?

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
A federal judge Tuesday denied an effort by the National Rifle Association to file for bankruptcy protection, ruling that the gun rights group filed the case in an attempt to fend off a lawsuit by the New York attorney general.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

It sickens me that one crooked New York politician can just do whatever she wants and get away with it. And I say crooked because of the insanely biased, politically-motivated statements she has made about the NRA, wild claims that have zero shred of reality to them. Oh, and everyone who's a member is a "terrorist" to her, to top it off. Yet that judge in Dallas acted as if this was just some run-of-the-mill financial case. Again, sickening.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

James is just one more criminal holding a position of power. The latest ruling shows the NRA should have left NY years ago.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “National Rifle Association”