The NRA Gunslinger Guitar

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

The NRA Gunslinger Guitar

Post by Rafe »

This isn't exactly in the NRA news column, but this relatively inexpensive little item is available exclusively from the NRA online store. So this seemed as good a place as any to post this.

https://nrastore.com/departments/nra-li ... ed-edition, $399.

This Gunslinger electric guitar is a limited-edition custom designed Squier by Fender available exclusively through the NRAstore.com. It features a custom wrap that resembles a wooden panel with the NRA logo, two six-shooters and "Gunslinger" burnt into it.
I know Squiers aren't really Fenders, and the vinyl-wrap body is only a fake-wood look. But I still really kinda want one...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The NRA Gunslinger Guitar

Post by philip964 »

Too bad not a Strat.

Topic author
Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:14 am Too bad not a Strat.
If Fender would do it as the entry-level Strat, the Player model, with a real-wood alder body, stained & with the designs burned in, it could probably be kept in the $800-$900 price range.

For a charity event we had some Squier kits with personal amp for silent auction. For the money, they aren't bad starter guitars. Fender bought Squier sometime in the '60s I think, but today the Squiers are made in China and Indonesia. Cheaper material all the way around, but the ones I've picked up had good necks and action, and the pickups weren't terrible. Unless you can really get your shred on, they're still quite hobby-playable. And having an NRA guitar would be kinda cool...and a conversation piece. Gone are the days when folks kept rifles mounted over their mantels, but you could leave an NRA Squier on a floor stand in a corner of your living room. :mrgreen:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDB415 »

Or hang it in the back window of the truck like people used to do with their firearms.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “National Rifle Association”