NRA Endorses Dade Phelan

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
flowrie
Posts in topic: 3

NRA Endorses Dade Phelan

Post by flowrie »

I see the NRA has endorsed Dade Phelan.
So, convince me why I should not call the NRA and cancel my life time membership.
I don't think I need to go into any detail regarding RINO Phelan.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

bbhack
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Endorses Dade Phelan

Post by bbhack »

flowrie wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:57 pm I see the NRA has endorsed Dade Phelan.
So, convince me why I should not call the NRA and cancel my life time membership.
I don't think I need to go into any detail regarding RINO Phelan.
That A+ rating does not include some important things not directly related to gun issues, apparently.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The NRA “rating” system has turned into a joke, just like its leader. The NRA has given plenty of A+ ratings to politicians who went on to vote for more gun control.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I will still renew my membership, if for nothing else to get into the convention in Houston. But this is a reason why I don't think the NRA has been an effective organization recently.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

orionengnr

Post by orionengnr »

Coming from another Life Member (and my wife is an Endowment Member), yes, that is very disappointing.
Not that I have not been disappointed with the NRA before. With WLP hanging up his spurs, maybe we can hope for someone new taking over...maybe someone who shares the stated values of the NRA. Time will tell.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

:banghead:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Surprised?

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am a Patron Member. I am no fan of Phelan. However is there another choice? I don’t know the answer to that question. However I know it could probably be worse.

As long as Mr. Charles Cotton has impute I will not cancel my membership which it doesn’t matter anyways they already have my monies.

Topic author
flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Canceled my life membership with the NRA, yes, that how strongly I feel about their endorsement of Phelan.
Will switch to GOA.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Can someone give me a breakdown on the worst firearms votes and pushes Phelan has made? I know he made those dumb comments about Texas 'needing a tough conversation' about gun rights and gun control, but that comment was in the wake of Uvalde and he didn't collapse to any demands I see, even the raised-age demands.

How is he a RINO on gun issues?

(And yes, I just about despite almost all politicians anyways, no matter their side)

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

flowrie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:55 pm Canceled my life membership with the NRA, yes, that how strongly I feel about their endorsement of Phelan.
Will switch to GOA.
Seems rash, but, I'm sorry to see you go.
It will eventually, hopefully soon, be members of conviction that can make change for the better.

I plan to let my Benefactor membership continue, but not make any additional monetary contributions until I see some positive changes, especially in bylaws that empower the board and the membership to get rid of the next WLP, rather than having to wait for the NY AG to push them out.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:16 pm
flowrie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:55 pm Canceled my life membership with the NRA, yes, that how strongly I feel about their endorsement of Phelan.
Will switch to GOA.
It will eventually, hopefully soon, be members of conviction that can make change for the better.

I plan to let my Benefactor membership continue, but not make any additional monetary contributions until I see some positive changes, especially in bylaws that empower the board and the membership to get rid of the next WLP, rather than having to wait for the NY AG to push them out.
I agree with all points here. They won't get another dime of my money until some positive changes have been made.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
flowrie

Post by flowrie »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:09 pm Can someone give me a breakdown on the worst firearms votes and pushes Phelan has made? I know he made those dumb comments about Texas 'needing a tough conversation' about gun rights and gun control, but that comment was in the wake of Uvalde and he didn't collapse to any demands I see, even the raised-age demands.

How is he a RINO on gun issues?

(And yes, I just about despite almost all politicians anyways, no matter their side)
Phelan led the impeachment of Paxton, with no sworn testimony and no evidence presented.
Just here say and accusations.
That tells me all I need to know about Phelan’s true opinions about gun control.
He also puts democrats on committees.
I don’t trust him. If the dems ever control the house, Phelan will vote right along with them.
I’m also supporting Andy Hopper, to replace Lynn Stucky, since Stucky voted along with Phelan.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

RPBrown wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:56 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:16 pm
Will switch to GOA.

I agree with all points here. They won't get another dime of my money until some positive changes have been made.
:iagree:

I stopped donating when they got rid of Oliver North for exposing the corruption instead of WLP who was running it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “National Rifle Association”