NRA Marketing Tactic

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

smoothoperator
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Marketing Tactic

Post by smoothoperator »

wgoforth wrote:
FuziDave wrote:I see the original post is over two years ago, and nothing has changed.

A few weeks ago I get a package in the mail from the NRA. You can tell there’s a DVD in it. Didn’t open it.

Now today I get a letter, “we sent you an DVD. Either pay $14 for it, or return it”.

Oh heck no! I’m going with option 3 – keep the unsolicited DVD and watch it…or not… and I still haven't opened it.
Yup...best thing to do with any unsolicited book or DVD from anyone. When I called them about it a couple of years ago, they claimed it was being done by a subcontracted marketing co without their knowledge. Makes you wonder now.
If that's true, the NRA doesn't lose any money from somebody following FuziDave's plan, and maybe the third party will stop.

Here's what Postal Inspectors have to say about unsolicited DVDs or other merchandise. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

You do not have to return or pay for an unsolicited offering. I know. I got one last year. They hounded me to pay for it. I called, explained, they stopped calling.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

FuziDave
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FuziDave »

FuziDave wrote:I see the original post is over two years ago, and nothing has changed.

A few weeks ago I get a package in the mail from the NRA. You can tell there’s a DVD in it. Didn’t open it.

Now today I get a letter, “we sent you an DVD. Either pay $14 for it, or return it”.

Oh heck no! I’m going with option 3 – keep the unsolicited DVD and watch it…or not… and I still haven't opened it.
i've now gotten a "follow up" letter saying send it back or pay $14. oh, and the $14 goes to putting me on the list to receive new dvd's as they come out. so return it, or pay to get more dvd's you don't want. nice.

i'm still going with option 3.
FuziDave

FuziDave
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FuziDave »

FuziDave wrote:

i've now gotten a "follow up" letter saying send it back or pay $14. oh, and the $14 goes to putting me on the list to receive new dvd's as they come out. so return it, or pay to get more dvd's you don't want. nice.

I got a 3rd letter today demanding $ :banghead:

so i wrote up a little note...

"You have sent me an unsolicited DVD.

Under the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, I am neither obligated to pay for it, nor to return it.

If you persist in demanding payment, I will file a formal complaint with my local postmaster."
FuziDave

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 6

Post by wgoforth »

FuziDave wrote:
FuziDave wrote:

Under the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, I am neither obligated to pay for it, nor to return it.

If you persist in demanding payment, I will file a formal complaint with my local postmaster."
That's ridiculous. Just keep it, they can't do a thing, and maybe enough do they'll quite this stuff.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BritOnTour

Post by BritOnTour »

wgoforth wrote:
FuziDave wrote:
FuziDave wrote:

That's ridiculous. Just keep it, they can't do a thing, and maybe enough do they'll quite this stuff.
I received one of these DVD offers last week. I had read this thread before and knew that I was under no obligation to return the DVD. I read through the whole letter, and after all of the sales tactics trying to convince me to pay or send it back, I saw this:
NRA DVD Offer wrote: Because you didn't ask for this special DVD, you don't have to participate or send it back and can consider it a free gift. No questions asked.
Thank you, I will! :mrgreen:
SA XDm 45ACP 3.8" Compact
----
07-02-12: Plastic in hand!

Return to “National Rifle Association”