NRA Life Upgrade - Now Without Sponsor

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GaryAdrian
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Life Upgrade - Now Without Sponsor

Post by GaryAdrian »

Just got my Life Membership and will get my wife's going as soon as I find her NRA number! :txflag:
My buddy just got his as well!
NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association
NRA-Certified Firearms Instructor

benenglishtx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by benenglishtx »

I posted this on another forum but it seems like folks here are perhaps a bit more knowledgeable, so please forgive the cut 'n paste -

Over the years, I've bumped my NRA membership to Life, then Endowment. With the recent sales, I went to Patron. This page:

http://www.nraam.org/events/nra-membership-upgrade.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

was, until recently, offering Life members a single level upgrade for $250. I was going to use it to go from Patron to Benefactor. However, by the time I could get my Patron upgrade processed through regular channels, the $250 upgrades on that page were no longer being offered.

I realize I could just go online to my NRA member page and do a Benefactor upgrade for $1500. However, since they've recently offered that upgrade for so much less money, here's my question:

Does anybody know of a Benefactor upgrade deal currently available?

Note: Yes, I called the NRA membership number and the person I talked to did not have and said she could not get any information on Benefactor upgrades. Sounds weird, I know, but maybe I was just talking to the wrong person. In any event, I thought I'd ask here before I tried them again.
NRA - Golden Eagle; Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer
Life Member - TSRA, GSSF, IHMSA, NRA Whittington Center

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

Oops.. Skip it.

Celebration of American Values - NRA Membership Upgrades are no longer available online.
Last edited by RoyGBiv on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sjfcontrol »

sjfcontrol wrote:January 16th I signed up, and my card STILL hasn't been charged.
Still no charge...
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

I get this:
MEMBER UPGRADE OFFERS
Celebration of American Values - NRA Membership Upgrades are no longer available online.
Edit: I see RGB sees the same.
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

IIRC, that offer comes up every year around the annual meeting.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Napier
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Napier »

Thanks hpcatx! NRA shows me "Life." Now if only I can "life" long enough to amortize it. Might be an expensive one year membership.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Napier wrote:Thanks hpcatx! NRA shows me "Life." Now if only I can "life" long enough to amortize it. Might be an expensive one year membership.
Well worth it. Each cent spent to defend 2nA is well worth for our kids. Unless US is converted to UK/Australia/Canada or an country that once ruled under the British crown and never revolted.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

sjfcontrol wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:January 16th I signed up, and my card STILL hasn't been charged.
Still no charge...
That's okay, they cashed my check years ago and "lost" my membership. It balances out.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

benenglishtx

Post by benenglishtx »

RoyGBiv wrote:IIRC, that offer comes up every year around the annual meeting.
Thanks. I figured it was something like that. I think I'll call 'em up and try to see if they'll offer the same deal over the phone. If not, I can wait until just before next year's annual meeting. I'm not trying to be a cheapskate; I've donated money other than my dues plenty of times. I'm just not willing to pay $1500 for something that occasionally (apparently, at least once a year) goes on sale for $250.
NRA - Golden Eagle; Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer
Life Member - TSRA, GSSF, IHMSA, NRA Whittington Center

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sjfcontrol »

Dragonfighter wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Still no charge...
That's okay, they cashed my check years ago and "lost" my membership. It balances out.
Wow, just got the notice of the charge on my CC today! Jan 16th -- Feb 8th
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

NorthTexas

Post by NorthTexas »

RoyGBiv wrote:Just wanted to bump this thread with the following additional information.
I received the below link in the AR15.com newsletter today..

It's a direct link to a no-sponsor-needed $300 NRA Life Membership enrollment page. I clicked on the link and it took me to an official NRAHQ membership page with the $300/life offer. This is the first time I've seen a way to sign up online at this cost. Previously, the only success I've seen or heard about was to call them on the phone.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ignID=ar15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you're not already a member, please consider joining.
If $300 is not in your budget, $25 gets you a one-year membership here:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... ID=JoinNow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for sharing. I've been meaning to join the NRA for quite some time but finally decided I couldn't put it off any longer! :patriot:
NRA Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

benenglishtx wrote:Over the years, I've bumped my NRA membership to Life, then Endowment. With the recent sales, I went to Patron. This page:

http://www.nraam.org/events/nra-membership-upgrade.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

was, until recently, offering Life members a single level upgrade for $250. I was going to use it to go from Patron to Benefactor. However, by the time I could get my Patron upgrade processed through regular channels, the $250 upgrades on that page were no longer being offered.

I realize I could just go online to my NRA member page and do a Benefactor upgrade for $1500. However, since they've recently offered that upgrade for so much less money, here's my question:

Does anybody know of a Benefactor upgrade deal currently available?
Try http://www.NRA-2013.org. It will likely be $350, not $250, but should work for you, and is still a supreme bargain. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mjoplin

Post by mjoplin »

I just used the web link to upgrade to life with no sponsor for $300. Processed immediately through my bank, logged in to the NRA membership profile and confirmed updated to life (and activated insurance benefits while there). Works like a champ!
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

cw3van

Post by cw3van »

G26ster wrote:At my age (70) I consider my annual membership to be a possible life membership :biggrinjester:
Yup agree with ya. I just renewed for five years should & would have spent the extra money & went with life membership but didn't know about it at the time. Oh well as you said for me five sure might be a lifetime membership. :txflag:
cw3van
Retired LEO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,

Return to “National Rifle Association”