Forum Member ID at the 2013 NRA Meeting

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 5

Forum Member ID at the 2013 NRA Meeting

Post by Skiprr »

I talked with Charles about coming up with an easy way for Forum members to identify themselves at the 2013 NRA Annual Meeting in Houston, May 3 through 5. A significant number of us are likely to be there, and it would be a shame if we just passed each other by and didn't have a chance to shake hands.

I think we have a very simple solution:

The front of your credential badge has a large window pocket to hold your exhibit hall pass:

On the back of the credential badge is a smaller window pocket, presumably intended to be used to hold business cards. But it also makes a great place to hold something to identify you as a Forum member.

Attached at the bottom of this post is an image you can download, print, cut along the marked borders, and slide into the window pocket on the back of your credential badge. It is the Texas Firearms Coalition logo, so it doesn't specifically identify you as a CHL holder. Above the logo is a line where you can, if you want, write your Forum User Name:

Once you enter the George R. Brown exhibit hall, simply flip your credential badge around so that the back is displayed. Look for other folks displaying the TFC logo and stop and say, "Howdy!"

If non-Forum members ask you about the TFC logos they're seeing all over the place, take a moment to tell them about the Texas Firearms Coalition and the Texas CHL Forum. ;-)

You can also download the image from the Internet at: http://www.tacticsandtraining.com/TXCHL ... dge-ID.jpg.
Attachments
Forum/TFC Badge with space for optional Forum User Name
Forum/TFC Badge with space for optional Forum User Name
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

smason
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Forum Member ID at the 2013 NRA Meeting

Post by smason »

What a great idea! I just made my ID. We're driving down early Friday morning.

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

Great idea. I'm on it!
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wodathunkit »

Awesome, I was trying to figure out how to meet all y'all fine folks!
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

OK, please forgive my ignorance. This is my first NRA convention.

How do you get the credentials badge? We are registered for several events, and have received nothing in the mail. What am I missing?
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Crossfire,

I just pre-registered for the expo and they sent me the badge in the mail. Since I registered my son and daughter to go with me, I got three of the Midway badge holders pictured and three admission badges.

But the trick was recognizing the admission badge. It is part of the pack of four cards together and looks like the ads. The string included tickets to enter a Taurus and a three-gun giveaway. It took me three tries to realize what the admission badge was since I was expecting something with my name on it like at other conferences.

It took me about two weeks from when i registered to get the badges and holders. If you did not get one within that time period, I would call them and ask. I am confident that you will also be able to pick one up there, but there will be a line.
Steve Rothstein

smason

Post by smason »

Hubby registered us Sunday night and we got the packet, including badges, today.

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Crossfire wrote:OK, please forgive my ignorance. This is my first NRA convention.

How do you get the credentials badge? We are registered for several events, and have received nothing in the mail. What am I missing?
What Steve said. If you didn't pre-register for the exhibit hall, then it's too late to do so now. They've removed the the pre-registration link from http://www.nraam.org. Registering for the "special events" doesn't get you the exhibit hall badge.

The registration desks will be at Entrance C and Entrance E to the exhibit hall. When you register for the exhibits, I assume you'll be given the same credential holder as was sent to the pre-registrants. Midway USA sponsored the credential holder, and I gotta believe they printed up about 80,000 of them.

Just take the cut-to-fit TFC logo printout with you and slip it into the back of your credential holder after you register. And look for me; haven't seen you since the Texas Firearm Instructors Conference last April. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Great idea - I'm in.

I'll be there Saturday.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

srothstein wrote:Crossfire,

I just pre-registered for the expo and they sent me the badge in the mail. Since I registered my son and daughter to go with me, I got three of the Midway badge holders pictured and three admission badges.

But the trick was recognizing the admission badge. It is part of the pack of four cards together and looks like the ads. The string included tickets to enter a Taurus and a three-gun giveaway. It took me three tries to realize what the admission badge was since I was expecting something with my name on it like at other conferences.

It took me about two weeks from when i registered to get the bad
ges and holders. If you did not get one within that time period, I would call them and ask. I am confident that you will also be able to pick one up there, but there will be a line.
I'm pretty frustrated. I registered me and my son online and only received one badge. Now it looks like I'll still get to stand in line to register him.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Mahzik

Post by Mahzik »

Great idea Skippr! Looking forward to meeting some of the members of the forum whose insight, advice and wisdom has taught me a lot. Did anything ever get put together for a forum member get together? There was some talk in another thread but nothing was scheduled.
Mahzik
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I've got a few extra badges for my children that have told me they do not want to go.

Anyone living in NW Houston in the Champions-Tomball area that can show me a valid NRA membership card is welcome to meet me this week if you want to avoid standing in line.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Skiprr wrote:
Crossfire wrote:OK, please forgive my ignorance. This is my first NRA convention.

What Steve said. If you didn't pre-register for the exhibit hall, then it's too late to do so now. They've removed the the pre-registration link from http://www.nraam.org. Registering for the "special events" doesn't get you the exhibit hall badge.
Ah, THAT explains why I couldn't find the registration link. Well, I've booked my family at the Hilton there (no NRA discount...that was closed too :grumble ). We will be there from Friday to Sunday, although neither my wife or her son have been to the Gulf before, so we will probably head to Galveston on Sunday. I might take them to Stewart Beach (that was a halfway decent destination many years ago, is it still ok?). I'll probably take them to Seawolf Park as well.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

MamaK

Post by MamaK »

The hubby will be volunteering there inspecting firearms and at the airgun range, also attending the "Refuse to be a victim" instructor course. I will try to be there with our 'littles' depending on how exhausted I am from work. Sundays are usually my only day off.

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I will be working registration/membership on Friday afternoon--and the air gun range on Saturday & Sunday. Hope to see some of you!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Return to “National Rifle Association”