2014 NRA Board of Directors Election

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Re: 2014 NRA Board of Directors Election

Post by Skiprr »

tomtexan wrote:I'm a member, not sure about the voting member. There must be something I'm not aware of. :read:
The bylaws require that you be either a life member, or that you have been an annual member for five or more consecutive years in order to vote for the board of directors. The other requirements are that you be 18-years-old or older, and that you be a U.S. citizen.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tomtexan »

Skiprr wrote:
tomtexan wrote:I'm a member, not sure about the voting member. There must be something I'm not aware of. :read:
The bylaws require that you be either a life member, or that you have been an annual member for five or more consecutive years in order to vote for the board of directors. The other requirements are that you be 18-years-old or older, and that you be a U.S. citizen.
Ah, ok.
Thanks for clearing that up.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

I've marked the circle for Charles. Anyone else deserving of my vote?

Differentiating reality from Bio's is not so simple... TG for YouTube.
Supporting examples much appreciated.

:bigear:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

rotor

Post by rotor »

I voted for you Charles but I have to admit that going through the ballot was kind of a nightmare. In these days of the internet who still does a mail in ballot? Also, very difficult if not impossible to know who to vote for. The bios of each person are pretty slim and unless you are part of the in group it is hard to say who is the "best" of the group. We all love you and Tom Sellek but the rest, I did my best. Put my forever stamp on and mailed. NRA does such a great job with their digital edition of American Rifleman, better than any magazine anywhere and yet they do this ballot by clunker snail mail. Go figure.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rotor wrote:I voted for you Charles but I have to admit that going through the ballot was kind of a nightmare. In these days of the internet who still does a mail in ballot? Also, very difficult if not impossible to know who to vote for. The bios of each person are pretty slim and unless you are part of the in group it is hard to say who is the "best" of the group. We all love you and Tom Sellek but the rest, I did my best. Put my forever stamp on and mailed. NRA does such a great job with their digital edition of American Rifleman, better than any magazine anywhere and yet they do this ballot by clunker snail mail. Go figure.
Thanks for your support! We are looking into electronic voting now, but security is a nightmare! We have professional hackers working hard to penetrate all security measures to be sure this will work and maintain voting integrity. It's far from a gone deal, but we're working on it.

Chas.

nracobraguy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nracobraguy »

CHARLES COTTON REELECTED TO NRA BOARD!!!

Well it should come as no surprise that Charles and his two fellow Board members Curtis Jenkins and Bill Carter were reelected for another 3 year term. Congratulations to my 3 fellow Board members, I'll look forward to continue serving with you. Texas CHL Forum members; you done good!!

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I only vote for the ones that I know. I leave the rest blank and do not vote for the full number requested.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

And check the current issue of American Rifleman. For the first time in at least a half-dozen years, Charles is profiled in the board member spotlight article. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “National Rifle Association”