How many levels of membership?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How many levels of membership?

Post by Skiprr »

Selina Kyle wrote:I'm concerned because although I received a confirmation email stating that I had enrolled in the Life Membership offer, I got another one recently reminding me to take advantage. Doesn't show up on my account. I sent them an inquiry so hopefully it will get fixed soon.
As Pawpaw said, it's merely a time lag to the database.

And my sincere thanks for choosing to upgrade to Life Member. We need many more like you.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

FYI, through August 20, 2014, the NRA (via the NRA Store) is offering some discounted memberships.

The normally $1,000 Life Membership is $495: https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... d=XR029008.

A one-year membership is $25 (normally $35); a three-year is $70 (normally $85); and a five-year is $90 (normally $125): https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/sign ... d=XR029007.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Upgraded to Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Membership this morning.

This thread is a few years old, but the same deal was still in place to upgrade for $250.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

C-dub wrote:Upgraded to Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Membership this morning.
Is there an 'upgrade' link?

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

brhalltx wrote:Is there an 'upgrade' link?
Log into Online Member Services; there's an upgrade button next to "Membership Information":

https://www.nramemberservices.org/membe ... rship.aspx

No discount at that link. $1500 to go from Patron to Benefactor.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Then on to 'Starship Captain', next 'Fleet Commander" and then...- hey, I'm a proud member of the NRA, but this incremental higher and higher level is getting eye rollingly silly.

A new model needs to be created to keep the coffers up to snuff to combat the anti's.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Abraham wrote:Then on to 'Starship Captain', next 'Fleet Commander" and then...- hey, I'm a proud member of the NRA, but this incremental higher and higher level is getting eye rollingly silly.

A new model needs to be created to keep the coffers up to snuff to combat the anti's.
I understand your point, but there have been these different levels of lifetime memberships for quite a while.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

just upped to Benefactor Life...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

I was curious about all of this as well.

I signed up on 1/31/18 for a yearly membership before all the craziness with Parkland, and immediately wanted to spring for the Life Membership. I sprung for the payment plan and will be trying to pay it every month. Glad to support them for a year or two and then on top of that support them monthly working toward the goal of Life Member.

After that it's just a hop skip and a jump on up to the next level. I'm only 36 (I should have started this process sooner), so if I keep this up I'll make Benefactor one day.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I just upgraded my membership last night.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

MrMcCullster wrote:I was curious about all of this as well.

I signed up on 1/31/18 for a yearly membership before all the craziness with Parkland, and immediately wanted to spring for the Life Membership. I sprung for the payment plan and will be trying to pay it every month. Glad to support them for a year or two and then on top of that support them monthly working toward the goal of Life Member.

After that it's just a hop skip and a jump on up to the next level. I'm only 36 (I should have started this process sooner), so if I keep this up I'll make Benefactor one day.
:thumbs2: You'll make it!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It looks like it might be time to upgrade again.

I am currently a Patriot-Endowment Life Member with an offer on the table to move up to Patron. I guess in the Endowment-Patron-Benefactor model it is a move up. I probably wouldn’t bite except there is a couple nice party gifts this go around.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am a Patron Member and I just jumped up to the BENEFACTOR LIFE Membership.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Why?

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

I've been a Benefactor member since 2015. It was a slightly different NRA a decade ago, but I haven't given up on the 152-year-old organization. I think it needs to do some pivoting, and I think it dropped the ball in the 2020 elections compared to its effectiveness in 2016, but I still thinks it's positioned better than any other firearms rights organization to have an impact.

Just a FWIW, the NRA-PVF candidate ratings for the state elections were released within the past couple of days: https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/Texas/.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “National Rifle Association”