80 million gun owners and you

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JerryK
Posts in topic: 3

80 million gun owners and you

Post by JerryK »

Folks, "IF" 80 million gun owners voted for A+ NRA rated politicians we'd be in a totally different situation. "IF" 80 million gun owners peacefully protested at the capital steps relentlessly there'd be different rulings. "IF" 80 million gun owners would join the NRA we would be unstoppable. Why my friends with all these gun owners and pro 2nd folks does the NRA only have 5 million members? Shame on us. I have heard lame excuse after lame excuse. I know a fellow gun owner who will spend thousands on a rifle scope,but makes up excuses for not sending $35 dollars per year to the nra. His excuse they always solicit for more. Well folks it's a never ending fight against freedom grabbers.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 80 million gun owners and you

Post by The Wall »

+1

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Lots of dumbocrats own guns. They do not care about freedom, liberty or the second amendment. They have other priorities. Just because someone owns firearms does not make them our friend.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
JerryK

Post by JerryK »

I understand and that may be true. and reminds me of the quote "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Now the reason for the post is to get some up off their... and the fence sitters to JOIN up. There are a lot that will never join but I am preaching to the choir here not the average gun owner unless that is what you consider your self to be. If you are on this forum there is no reason you should not be an NRA member whether you agree with all the policies and procedures or not, they are fighting our opponents!!!

There is no reason the current numbers could not be doubled... I know a lot here have a problem with the NRA, I say get over it because the opposite point of view is not an option!!!

I am also going to Join the TSRA today to help out in states rights even though Texas is doing good in that regard. some other not so much!!!

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Just a helpful change in your numbers, by FBI statistics there are over 100 million gun owners in the Unuted States, they are in possession of over 300 million firearms, with this many people why are the NRA numbers so low? Why isn't the NRA membership at least 20 million?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

crazy2medic wrote:Just a helpful change in your numbers, by FBI statistics there are over 100 million gun owners in the Unuted States, they are in possession of over 300 million firearms, with this many people why are the NRA numbers so low? Why isn't the NRA membership at least 20 million?
Because the many rely on the few to do the hard work of maintaining our freedom.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

If the RKBA was a or the top priority for all or even nearly all of those 80M them we wouldn't be having this conversation. Dems or not, some don't place that high a priority on the 2A. Call it ignorance or whatever because they simply don't get the short or long term problems that occur when doing away with or infringing on it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

JerryK wrote:I understand and that may be true. and reminds me of the quote "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Now the reason for the post is to get some up off their... and the fence sitters to JOIN up. There are a lot that will never join but I am preaching to the choir here not the average gun owner unless that is what you consider your self to be. If you are on this forum there is no reason you should not be an NRA member whether you agree with all the policies and procedures or not, they are fighting our opponents!!!

There is no reason the current numbers could not be doubled... I know a lot here have a problem with the NRA, I say get over it because the opposite point of view is not an option!!!

I am also going to Join the TSRA today to help out in states rights even though Texas is doing good in that regard. some other not so much!!!
Bump.... :iagree: :patriot: :txflag:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I finally joined the NRA just last month after hesitating to do so for many years. Personally, my reluctance was because the NRA did not push hard enough for gun rights and seemed too willing to compromise. I finally decided to join out of sheer fear at the loss of all our rights if HRH Hillary succeeds BHO.

I don't think it is a cost issue for most people. But to the extent it is, I also think that, as an industry, companies could increase NRA membership by offering discounts on range memberships, firearms purchases, and the like, for NRA members. Just mark prices up a couple percentage points and then offer a 5% discount for NRA members.

Topic author
JerryK

Post by JerryK »

In theory I like your idea but under the practical application in the business world, I don't think it would fly. Money drives our society! Business owners are doing everything to keep their pricing down and still make a descent profit. The internet has changed how most purchase products and even though brick-mortar shops still do well, on-line price comparisons are only a few clicks away.

At most guns shows I attend there is a 5% CC fee, trying to beat the guy at the next booth. Some pay it and others don't!
Personally, my reluctance was because the NRA did not push hard enough for gun rights and seemed too willing to compromise.
The NRA is a political 'business' (realize the NRA is a business) and compromise is what politics is all about. Remember the NRA is a national organization and I felt the same way. But It was pointed out each state has its own firearms association (Texas is the TSRA) that is supposed to handle that (the state organization) for the most part. So when Calif, Mass, N.Y. have firearms related legislation they should be handling, that again for the most part. With 50 states it is like trying to 'herd cats' keeping them in line and opposing Bloomberg and the others. But when there is a fail the NRA is made to look like they let us down when in actuality it was the state organization.
Last edited by JerryK on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

JerryK wrote:In theory I like your idea but under the practical application in the business world, I don't think it would fly. Money drives our society! Business owners are doing everything to keep their pricing down and still make a descent profit. The internet has changed how most purchase products and even though brick-mortar shops still do well, on-line price comparisons are only a few clicks away.

At most guns shows I attend there is a 5% CC fee, trying to beat the guy at the next booth. Some pay it and others don't!
The site could publish pricing that reflects the NRA discount, just like some sites do for a cash payment discount (Buds is one). That way a price search would still show the low price. Midway makes an effort here by including an easy way to add an NRA donation when you buy anything at their site. Of course, that doesn't cost Midway anything other than administrative fees.....

Return to “National Rifle Association”