Mike Pence @ NRA Annual Meeting

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mike Pence @ NRA Annual Meeting

Post by flechero »

Grundy1133 wrote:I've decided to not attend. period.
Did you get your car fixed?

The NRA didn't make the rules... they were allowing carry, they were overruled by the secret service... but thanks (you and others) for highlighting your collective disgust for the media to turn around against all NRA mambers. :banghead:

you got quoted on line along with rico and another... and that was picked up by the papers.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/natio ... 08484.html

I often wish this was a closed forum. People seldom realize that the anti's read us regularly, looking for any juicy tid bits to repeat to the left.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

I wish they would stay away until they do something to advance the right to keep and bear arms.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote:

The NRA didn't make the rules... they were allowing carry, they were overruled by the secret service... but thanks (you and others) for highlighting your collective disgust for the media to turn around against all NRA mambers. :banghead:

you got quoted on line along with rico and another... and that was picked up by the papers.

I often wish this was a closed forum. People seldom realize that the anti's read us regularly, looking for any juicy tid bits to repeat to the left.
Nah I didn't get my car fixed. which is another reason im not gonna go. And I agree. A closed forum would be nice.
NRA Member

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

flechero wrote:

Not just local papers either... Washington Post, USA Today...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 1c6ca6ec84

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 563873002/

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Concerted effort to malign the NRA by the media and leftists. They are very aware that it is the Secret Service that has exercised their authority to ban weapons, backpacks, drones, aerosols, signs, selfie sticks, etc. But it makes a great headline to say that the NRA isn't allowing guns.

Quit blaming the NRA! I wish every POTUS and VP would attend the NRA convention every year.
Ron
NRA Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

cyphertext wrote:
flechero wrote:

Not just local papers either... Washington Post, USA Today...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 1c6ca6ec84

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 563873002/
Actually a screen capture by someone and then Tweeted out on Twitter by them. So folks, as stated many times, the anti's will use all or parts of what you say against you.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I can't help but feel this is disingenuous. They knew better. This happened at the GOP convention. This happened at the last NRA convention. It happens literally everywhere the President and Vice President speak. It's kind of a standard operating procedure.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

I haven't seen any confirmation about where President Trump will be speaking... Anyone know? The only ticketed event on Friday, and the only forum type event as far I I know, is the ILA-Leadership Forum where Pence is scheduled to speak. Will Trump also be at this event?

The Annual Meeting of members isn't until Saturday.. If POTUS is coming on Friday... seems the ILA-Forum would be the place..

:bigear: :bigear: Anyone see a confirmation either way?

ETA: Nevermind :lol:
https://www.nraam.org/events/2018-event ... hip-forum/

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

I am attending Friday.
I will carry but not attend the forum.
I am very happy that Trump and Pence are speaking !
We need their support for our 2A rights.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

flowrie wrote:I am attending Friday.
:iagree:

The NRA convention is a can't miss event. I am very pleased that both Trump and Pence are showing their support.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

SkullCop

Post by SkullCop »

Has anyone proposed a spot to meetup while we are at the event and a time?

On a side note:
While I worked with the government as a contractor I was in a federal Building when Clinton was in the area and we were instructed to not look out the windows of the federal building while the President was speaking. They setup a stage in front of a coffee shop 10 feet away.
I was allowed to leave the building and enter the coffee shop without anyone ever checking or asking. Granted this was a long time ago but the secrect service have their hands full when monitoring events.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RossA »

Yep, typical NRA weakness. Invite POTUS and VPOTUS to speak, knowing full well that Secret Service will require disarming visitors. Then claim, "it wasn't us, it was the Secret Service!"
Just stop inviting ANY speaker who doesn't trust us enough to be armed around him. Trump is in charge of the Executive Branch. He could overrule the SS if he wanted to.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

RossA wrote:Yep, typical NRA weakness. Invite POTUS and VPOTUS to speak, knowing full well that Secret Service will require disarming visitors. Then claim, "it wasn't us, it was the Secret Service!"
Just stop inviting ANY speaker who doesn't trust us enough to be armed around him. Trump is in charge of the Executive Branch. He could overrule the SS if he wanted to.
Actually, no. Its that whole 'Seperation of Powers' bit, and Trump cannot overrule the legislative branch outside of the constitutionally written VETO process.

The laws regarding Secret Service Projection are legislatively proscribed. Trump cannot change that. And if Secret Service leadership allowed firearms, and Trump was assassinated, the leaders of the left in congress would have secret service's leadship's heads on platters during the congressional review. (Though, it would be a peculiar situation to have the left leadership in congress attacking the SS in regards to the assignation of Trump, wherein they would be inherently defending Trump's life and value as president.... That would be a circus).

The Secret Service has a job to do whether you like it or not. (Or do you think you should be permitted to the Oval Office to exercise your first amendment rights?).

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

flowrie wrote:I am attending Friday.
I agree and will be doing the same.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “National Rifle Association”