Mike Pence @ NRA Annual Meeting

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mike Pence @ NRA Annual Meeting

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The fact that both the President of the United States and the Vice-President of the United States are attending the NRA Convention is a major endorsement of both the NRA and the Second Amendment. It also sends a message to Congress and to . . . well, I won't say more. To argue that the NRA should not invite these two men because the Secret Service would prohibit us from carrying our handguns boggles the mind. Look at the violence being perpetrated by left. Do you doubt that some ANTIFA type or other left-leaning loon would hesitate to bring a gun to the Leadership Forum and take a shot at the most pro-Second Amendment President and Vice-President the U.S. has ever seen? These low-life are constantly calling for Trump to be murdered, yet some of you feel it's wrong for the Secret Service to carry out its statutory responsibilities.

I agree that true NRA members carrying self-defense handguns would not pose a threat to the President or VP, but there's no way to be sure that only true NRA members attend the function. Any ANTIFA degenerate could join the NRA for $35, then come to the Convention and take a shot at the President. Remember, the Convention will draw many tens of thousands of people and all it would take is one would-be murderer to cause more damage to the Second Amendment than all of the Democrats on the planet.

Oh yeah, please consider not feeding the anti-gun media more tidbits for their fake news outlets.
Chas.

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Post by allisji »

:iagree: well stated
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:To argue that the NRA should not invite these two men because the Secret Service would prohibit us from carrying our handguns boggles the mind.
:iagree:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Oh yeah, please consider not feeding the anti-gun media more tidbits for their fake news outlets.
Chas.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RossA »

I understand all of the above arguments, but they all ignore one overriding factor:

"The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You either believe that or you don't.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

RossA wrote:I understand all of the above arguments, but they all ignore one overriding factor:

I believe that my right to bear arms is NOT being infringed upon by the Secret Service's mission to protect POTUS and VPOTUS from nut jobs with a gun at the NRA-ILA meeting.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

bblhd672 wrote:
RossA wrote:I understand all of the above arguments, but they all ignore one overriding factor:

I believe that my right to bear arms is NOT being infringed upon by the Secret Service's mission to protect POTUS and VPOTUS from nut jobs with a gun at the NRA-ILA meeting.
+bazillion
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

bblhd672 wrote:

Do you believe it would be infringed if LTC are banned from carrying at the state capitol grounds on a mission to protect legislators from nut jobs with a gun at a government meeting?

Do you believe it would be infringed if you're banned from carrying in public on a mission to protect the public from nut jobs with a gun?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

BBYC wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:

Do you believe it would be infringed if LTC are banned from carrying at the state capitol grounds on a mission to protect legislators from nut jobs with a gun at a government meeting?

Do you believe it would be infringed if you're banned from carrying in public on a mission to protect the public from nut jobs with a gun?
I learned after many painful years with my ex-wife that there are no winners in “what if” games. :tiphat:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

bblhd672 wrote:nut jobs with a gun
That sounds like the excuse for every gun ban.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

bblhd672 wrote:
BBYC wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:

I learned after many painful years with my ex-wife that there are no winners in “what if” games. :tiphat:
Especially when they resort to extreme examples.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

BBYC wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:

Not everything in life is 100% black or white. One can still believe in the RKBA and the 2nd and still understand that at times one may not be able to have a gun on them. Keep in mind, a person has a choice whether they want to attend the V.P. or President's speeches. If one feels it is too much of an infringement to not carry, don't go. In life, we have to make many choices and most of those choices involve some sort of compromise.

I believe this to be very similar to choosing whether to do business with a private business that posts 30.06 or 30.07 signs. We can make up our own minds without projecting our own beliefs onto others in order to quilt or demean them because of their decision.
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Demeaning people because of their decisions is a part of what adults must do. If you say one thing and do something else, I will not simply remain quiet about it, I will speak out. Some call that demeaning, I call it truth.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RossA wrote:Demeaning people because of their decisions is a part of what adults must do. If you say one thing and do something else, I will not simply remain quiet about it, I will speak out. Some call that demeaning, I call it truth.
No, it's not what adults must do. Nothing is 100% black or white and adults realize and accept some compromise at times.

Don't go if you think your rights are being violated.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Nothing is 100% black and white? Then when the armed bad guy breaks into your house, don't shoot, because you might be missing some shades of grey in his intentions. That is modern liberalspeak. It is what has led us to the point of everything being negotiable, and traditional values are of no more worth than the politically correct fad of the day.

Return to “National Rifle Association”