Are there plans for Forum members to meet up at the NRA meeting Friday?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wally775
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are there plans for Forum members to meet up at the NRA meeting Friday?

Post by wally775 »

I was there. With the wife. Surprise surprise she bought something before I did.
Be there next two days.At the Crown Plaza.
If we try again I will try to make it there.
Great show.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Spent the whole day today (0930-1700) at the show with a buddy, ran into SIA, Flightmare and others a few times. Had a blast, really enjoyed the B&T booth, met Mike Pappas (basically the father of a lot of modern day suppressors), and had Rob Leatham sit down at our table at lunch to grab a bite with us. Very cool show.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Went with friends - didn't get a chance to meet up with forum members (sorry). My feet are sore too! What a fun and fabulous time. Got to meet a lot of wonderful people and see tons of exhibits.

Here is a picture from Todd Starnes of Fox News of the protesters. "rlol"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiXvkf8hPzZ ... starnesfnc
Ron
NRA Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

We were there from 9 to 5 and barely made it through everything. Wish I had a weekend to spend so I could have watched the speeches. I will catch them online. Played with and saw many nice toys. It's nice to hold and see in person items not stocked in stores in the Waco area. The vendors were nice and helpful and we didn't see anybody being impolite even after being bumped into or bumping into somebody. It was a good day. Legs a little sore but I knew that was going to happen before we got there.

OC was not an issue, neither was packing the AR pistol in my backpack.

Wish it was in Texas every year.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
SkullCop
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SkullCop »

My wife and I along with Flightmare will be back tomorrow. We could stop back by the NRA booth again tomorrow at noon for anyone who wants to meet up again.
First day was fun but exhausting. Lots to see :drool:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

SkullCop wrote:My wife and I along with Flightmare will be back tomorrow. We could stop back by the NRA booth again tomorrow at noon for anyone who wants to meet up again.
I’ll be there again today. Will go to NRA booth area after the Members meeting is over at noon.

Didn’t see a quarter of the booths yesterday. Went to one seminar on combat survival mindset by retired SGM Kyle Lamb. Worth the time if you get a chance to attend one of the sessions.
Had the opportunity to shake the hand and render salute to a Medal of Honor recipient. Very humbling experience. :patriot:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

bblhd672 wrote:
SkullCop wrote:My wife and I along with Flightmare will be back tomorrow. We could stop back by the NRA booth again tomorrow at noon for anyone who wants to meet up again.
I’ll be there again today. Will go to NRA booth area after the Members meeting is over at noon.

Didn’t see a quarter of the booths yesterday. Went to one seminar on combat survival mindset by retired SGM Kyle Lamb. Worth the time if you get a chance to attend one of the sessions.
Had the opportunity to shake the hand and render salute to a Medal of Honor recipient. Very humbling experience. :patriot:
Where you there when he asked the girl to stop video recording him?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I am so jelly! I had to fly to Las Vegas for the weekend, and I’m posting from my room at the Southpoint Hotel. My niece is getting married today. Since I am officiating, I more or less HAVE to be here. :lol:

But it would have been fun to reconnect with some of you guys, and get to meet others I’ve never met. Our return flight isn’t until tomorrow afternoon, so NRAAM will be over by the time I get home.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

strogg

Post by strogg »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I am so jelly! I had to fly to Las Vegas for the weekend, and I’m posting from my room at the Southpoint Hotel. My niece is getting married today. Since I am officiating, I more or less HAVE to be here. :lol:

But it would have been fun to reconnect with some of you guys, and get to meet others I’ve never met. Our return flight isn’t until tomorrow afternoon, so NRAAM will be over by the time I get home.
You know you could have officiated over video chat from NRAAM, right? Sheesh! Jokes aside, enjoy the wedding.

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

I’m on the road back to Seguin , but hope everyone who is still there has a great time!
USAF 1982-2005

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:

Where you there when he asked the girl to stop video recording him?
Yes I was.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

What's the story?

You could start another thread to tell us.

I've a subscription to "Guns and Ammo" in which Mr. Lamb writes a monthly column and seems to catch a lot flak with letters to the editor about his various gun handling methods.

The criticism of these folks usually sounds way out there...!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Will be there today about 1230. I’m taking the DART train so I don’t have to park. Bummed that I missed the POTUS speech yesterday but I had to work on my rent houses.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I am between the NRA booth and the doors to the lobby.

NRA hat with buttons pinned to the side. Black shirt and wearing shorts.

ETA: bblhd672 SkullCop have found me.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

Went today. I will be back tomorrow. Just an assume event. My buy list just got larger.

Return to “National Rifle Association”