NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Re: NRA Leader LaPierre Says Being Extorted,

Post by mojo84 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:53 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm
jb2012 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:22 pm
G.A. Heath wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:53 am
jb2012 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 am I wouldn’t mind seeing the NRA fallout and members of NRA join up with Firearms Policy Coalition or Gun Owners of America. Heck I think the reason most of us still support the NRA is because it is the biggest and most powerful. I don’t think that their views actually align with most gun owners today.
I support the NRA, and their Texas affiliate the TSRA, because they are the most effective organizations we have. Show me one piece of legislation that any other progun group has passed at the federal level, or a single piece of legislation in Texas. If we reject a group because they don't agree 100% with us then we will have no groups at all.

For the record I know for a fact that members of the NRA board of directors don't always agree with the NRA, if they did they wouldn't need a board to vote!
I genuinely understand where you’re coming from, I just can’t make myself support a group that advocates for the removal of my rights. I mean honestly when is the last time that the NRA passed legislation at the federal level that did any good for gun owners? It seems that recent history they have only advocated for the loss of rights i.e. bumpstocks and red flag laws.

Here’s a link to recent accomplishments from FPC and GOA:
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/news

https://gunowners.org/about-goa/#section-about-goa-6
This seems like a backwards way of looking at it. Keep in mind, there is opposition and public perception and ignorance is on the side of the gun control crowd. Sometimes a compromise or sacrifice has to made to protect the larger number of gun owners and rights.

What percentage of gunowners actually own bumpstocks? I know several that didn't even know what they were until Las Vegas.
All I know is we had a Republican President, a Republican Congress and the Hearing Protection Act was not passed. I support the NRA but not getting this done was a huge black eye for the NRA. The NRA has issues to many reports coming out and where there is smoke there is usually fire.
I blame the spineless RINO infested Congress for that more than I do the NRA. There were a lot of opportunities missed during Trump's first two years. As is coming to light, the deep state and obstruction of government was real.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:52 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:58 pm
1911 Raptor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:53 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm
jb2012 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:22 pm
G.A. Heath wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:53 am
jb2012 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 am I wouldn’t mind seeing the NRA fallout and members of NRA join up with Firearms Policy Coalition or Gun Owners of America. Heck I think the reason most of us still support the NRA is because it is the biggest and most powerful. I don’t think that their views actually align with most gun owners today.
I support the NRA, and their Texas affiliate the TSRA, because they are the most effective organizations we have. Show me one piece of legislation that any other progun group has passed at the federal level, or a single piece of legislation in Texas. If we reject a group because they don't agree 100% with us then we will have no groups at all.

For the record I know for a fact that members of the NRA board of directors don't always agree with the NRA, if they did they wouldn't need a board to vote!
I genuinely understand where you’re coming from, I just can’t make myself support a group that advocates for the removal of my rights. I mean honestly when is the last time that the NRA passed legislation at the federal level that did any good for gun owners? It seems that recent history they have only advocated for the loss of rights i.e. bumpstocks and red flag laws.

Here’s a link to recent accomplishments from FPC and GOA:
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/news

https://gunowners.org/about-goa/#section-about-goa-6
This seems like a backwards way of looking at it. Keep in mind, there is opposition and public perception and ignorance is on the side of the gun control crowd. Sometimes a compromise or sacrifice has to made to protect the larger number of gun owners and rights.

What percentage of gunowners actually own bumpstocks? I know several that didn't even know what they were until Las Vegas.
All I know is we had a Republican President, a Republican Congress and the Hearing Protection Act was not passed. I support the NRA but not getting this done was a huge black eye for the NRA. The NRA has issues to many reports coming out and where there is smoke there is usually fire.
I blame the spineless RINO infested Congress for that more than I do the NRA. There were a lot of opportunities missed during Trump's first two years. As is coming to light, the deep state and obstruction of government was real.
I would tend to agree but I bet those spineless RINOs have A ratings from the NRA. NRA needs to better profile and assign ratings and when the actions don’t follow the words than immediate action needs to be taken to lower the rating.
I agree. This is why I caution against relying on just one resource for making voting decisions even though I repeatedly get pushback and scolding for my position. There are many things to consider when a citizen is trying to make voting decisions if good decisions are the objective. One resource and one issue is not enough.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jb2012 »

mojo84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 pm
Of course I do not agree 100% with the NRA or any other organization. How about we have all three be strong advocates rather than hoping the "biggest and most powerful" "fallout"?

If 100% agreement and alignment is the standard, the we all need to leave our wives, jobs, friends, churches, etc. and start seeking the one we agree and align with 100%.
Well, we do have all three, however one of those three touts themselves a “strong advocate” but in the end is willing to settle.

Our wives, jobs, friends, churches, etc. aren’t being paid to represent our values and beliefs

To respond to your other post, we have compromised with every single piece of legislation restricting 2a rights, and in the end get absolutely nothing out of it other than a loss of rights. Compromise is not the answer, because in this situation compromise is a very slippery slope.

I don’t mean to sound rude, I just think it’s time for the NRA and gunowners to have a wakeup call. With that I’ve said everything I need to say about this subject and I’m out of this thread.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jb2012 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 pm
Of course I do not agree 100% with the NRA or any other organization. How about we have all three be strong advocates rather than hoping the "biggest and most powerful" "fallout"?

If 100% agreement and alignment is the standard, the we all need to leave our wives, jobs, friends, churches, etc. and start seeking the one we agree and align with 100%.
Well, we do have all three, however one of those three touts themselves a “strong advocate” but in the end is willing to settle.

Our wives, jobs, friends, churches, etc. aren’t being paid to represent our values and beliefs

To respond to your other post, we have compromised with every single piece of legislation restricting 2a rights, and in the end get absolutely nothing out of it other than a loss of rights. Compromise is not the answer, because in this situation compromise is a very slippery slope.

I don’t mean to sound rude, I just think it’s time for the NRA and gunowners to have a wakeup call. With that I’ve said everything I need to say about this subject and I’m out of this thread.
Not every NRA sigle member believes the same about every single issue. I for one, do not like the bumpstock ban but would much rather lose that than all of my semi-auto rifles and pistols. A lot of pure hunters couldn't care less about concealed or open carry and they are NRA members. Matter of fact, my closest friend for over 25 years is a huge outdoorsman, NRA member and doesn't even own a handgun. With as a many members as the NRA has, it is impossible every single member is going to agree 100%.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ruark »

I still remember Trump's inauguration when he said "my first day in office, those gun-free zones will disappear." Uh, yeah, sure.....
-Ruark

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Ruark wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:09 pm I still remember Trump's inauguration when he said "my first day in office, those gun-free zones will disappear." Uh, yeah, sure.....
Shouldn't have fallen for campaign rhetoric. It's not that easy. A President is not a dictator that can just override laws with presidential decree or orders. www.thetrace.org/2016/11/donald-trump-e ... ree-zones/

There are a lot things that are said during campaigns that are not practical our possible. Need to use discernment and common sense when evaluating what candidates say.. Here's a little secret, all candidates lie and promise things they can deliver but only influence.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

mojo84 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:24 pm
Ruark wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:09 pm I still remember Trump's inauguration when he said "my first day in office, those gun-free zones will disappear." Uh, yeah, sure.....
Shouldn't have fallen for campaign rhetoric. It's not that easy. A President is not a dictator that can just override laws with presidential decree or orders. www.thetrace.org/2016/11/donald-trump-e ... ree-zones/

There are a lot things that are said during campaigns that are not practical our possible. Need to use discernment and common sense when evaluating what candidates say.. Here's a little secret, all candidates lie and promise things they can deliver but only influence.
Trump was supposed to be different.
There are restrictions put in place by regulatory orders, not by Congress, that he could have been as easily undone as they were enacted. Mostly free up the people lands to allow us to carry on Federal lands. These restrictions were not put in place by legislative means, and don't require legislative means to undo. Instead, the only executive order involving gun rights that he has invoked was the bump stock restriction. Trump has always been at heart a New York Democrat. He just wears Republican garments when out in public.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Liberty wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:29 am
Trump was supposed to be different.
There are restrictions put in place by regulatory orders, not by Congress, that he could have been as easily undone as they were enacted. Mostly free up the people lands to allow us to carry on Federal lands. These restrictions were not put in place by legislative means, and don't require legislative means to undo. Instead, the only executive order involving gun rights that he has invoked was the bump stock restriction. Trump has always been at heart a New York Democrat. He just wears Republican garments when out in public.
:iagree: I had hoped that he could use his business sense to contact the Secretary of the Army and require that the Federal Court decision already rendered about concealed carry on Corps of Engineers property would apply to the entire US and not be limited to the jurisdiction of the court with that ruling. Businesses routinely monitor court cases and I have seen the one that I worked for implement policies based on some of those lawsuits, not wanting to lose a similar case against them. I had hoped that the NRA could help make that argument better than I can.

There seems to be a lot more anti-NRA rhetoric and I haven't felt that the NRA is responding to it well. I continue to send them money (PVF, ILA) in hopes that they will mount some more visible measures. I do understand that politics can be a lot of back room deals and that making some of that public would be counterproductive. But the last thing that I want to see it the NRA tearing itself apart over internal strife. I agree with the point made earlier in the thread that the NRA represents a broad group of gun owners and pleasing all of them all of the time is not possible. We cannot let the organization undermine its ability to galvanize voters or Swalwell will win.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Wayne LaPierre has done a lot for the NRA and our Second Amendment rights over the years.

You don't have to look too deeply into Oliver North's history to find his reputation is far more dubious.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Of those who manage to turn this post about inner turmoil at the NRA into a Trump-bashing session, I will ask only one question: do you really think that Hillary would have been better? Remember, in the general election, those were the only two real choices.

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grumpy1993 »

If he has nothing to hide then let the facts speak for themselves.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:34 am If he has nothing to hide then let the facts speak for themselves.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The NRA Board of Directors meeting today should be interesting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... h-departs/
North had sent a letter to the NRA board contending that the NRA had paid for, through a vendor, more than $200,000 of wardrobe purchases by LaPierre, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Perhaps there's others within the organization concerned about what's going on :
“There’s some housekeeping that needs to be taken care of,” Childress said after reading North’s letter.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

To NRA or Not to NRA
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/to-nra ... z5mV4U7lXN
Nothing positive comes from the collapse of the NRA. I hope they are listening. The Board of Directors must step to the plate and deep clean whatever is rotting or step aside and let someone else get it done.
:iagree:

Return to “National Rifle Association”