An Important Message to NRA Members

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: An Important Message to NRA Members

Post by clarionite »

Keith B wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:17 pm When I was a LEO we had a local criminal defense attorney who had very low morals, had no issues cheating, twisting the truth, and would do whatever it took to make us look bad and his client look like a choirboy. He was ruthless in his methods and had no issue lying, cheating or ruining your reputation to win. I didn’t like him as a person, and didn’t like his lack of scruples. However, I made it clear that if I was ever in need of services like he provided that he would be the first one I would want to represent me.

I don’t like a lot of things our current Commander in Chief does, but I still think he was the best choice for the job we had to choose from that could beat Hitlery.

Bottom line, if Charles says this is the guy for the job, then I believe him 110% and support the choice.
Reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad 30+ years ago. I had found out who was representing him in a court case. I knew the name, and his reputation. I was concerned and asked my dad if he knew of his reputation as a crooked lawyer. He said he did, and that was why he hired him. He'd rather have him crooked for him, than crooked against him. LOL

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:10 pm Set of theories and accusations posted in an anonymous ( :roll: ) editorial on Ammoland (front page currently). I won't post it here, but, makes for an interesting read. Lots of credibility sacrificed by someone who claims to be a lawyer with over 50 years experience, posting such an opinion piece anonymously.

Hopefully the NRA can release some details soon to refute some of the very negative postulating.

:patriot:
Very negative indeed. With all the secrecy it's impossible to know what the truth is. That article certainly was not flattering to the NRA.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Lynyrd wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:36 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:10 pm Set of theories and accusations posted in an anonymous ( :roll: ) editorial on Ammoland (front page currently). I won't post it here, but, makes for an interesting read. Lots of credibility sacrificed by someone who claims to be a lawyer with over 50 years experience, posting such an opinion piece anonymously.

Hopefully the NRA can release some details soon to refute some of the very negative postulating.

Very negative indeed. With all the secrecy it's impossible to know what the truth is. That article certainly was not flattering to the NRA.
I think it is the not knowing that makes it hard to have faith in the process.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:36 pm

I think it is the not knowing that makes it hard to have faith in the process.
:iagree: Without knowledge, faith is the only way to believe.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

I received this link that the AG for the District of Columbia has demanded the NRA's records to demonstrate that the NRA is in compliance with non-profit requirements. I did not know that the NRA was under an investigation in this area. I knew about the disputes with the state of NY trying to put NRA out of business and the disputes with Ackerman McQueen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1U729Y

Can anyone provide any more context?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Alf

Post by Alf »

I hope management resolves these problems so the NRA can get back to supporting its members' interests.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Alf wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:19 pm I hope management resolves these problems so the NRA can get back to supporting its members' interests.
I believe they still support our interests, but I understand what you mean: this has to be a big distraction from their primary goal.

I hope this is resolved soon so they can eliminate the distractions and focus more attention on their mission.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “National Rifle Association”