Smile.Amazon.com NRA donations

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Smile.Amazon.com NRA donations

Post by puma guy »

Mods: If this belongs in a different category please move.

I just got this message from Amazon regarding NRA donations from Smile.Amazon sales. Use Smile.Amazon.com instead of plain Amazon.com and make the NRA as your charity of choice and they donate a percentage of your purchase amounts the the NRA.
This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $10,540.75 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

$146,804.89 to NRA Foundation
:thumbs2: :tiphat:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

kayt00

Re: Smile.Amazon.com NRA donations

Post by kayt00 »

puma guy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:24 pm Mods: If this belongs in a different category please move.

I just got this message from Amazon regarding NRA donations from Smile.Amazon sales. Use Smile.Amazon.com instead of plain Amazon.com and make the NRA as your charity of choice and they donate a percentage of your purchase amounts the the NRA.
This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $10,540.75 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

Whats the difference between NRA Foundation or any of the other NRA listings, like NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrvmax »

puma guy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:24 pm Mods: If this belongs in a different category please move.

I just saw that this morning

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

kayt00 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Whats the difference between NRA Foundation or any of the other NRA listings, like NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund?
That's probably a question for Charles Cotton. Off the top of my head I'd say there are tax implication to enable the foundation can use funds to support shooting and safety programs
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.nrafoundation.org/about-us/

https://nradefensefund.org/about-us.aspx
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Different NRA entities are tasked with different purposes. Based on those purposes, the entity may be a 501c3 (a "charitable organization" to which donations are deductible, but the entity is not allowed to do things like support a political candidate) or a 501c4 (donations are NOT deductible, but there are many fewer restrictions on what activities are allowed).

"NRA" is a 501c4
"NRA Foundation" is a 501c3 (donations are tax-deductible), because they focus on a purpose considered "charitable" under tax law.

More here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... anizations
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Different NRA entities are tasked with different purposes. Based on those purposes, the entity may be a 501c3 (a "charitable organization" to which donations are deductible, but the entity is not allowed to do things like support a political candidate) or a 501c4 (donations are NOT deductible, but there are many fewer restrictions on what activities are allowed).

"NRA" is a 501c4
"NRA Foundation" is a 501c3 (donations are tax-deductible), because they focus on a purpose considered "charitable" under tax law.

So is there one NRA entity more beneficial to the fight than others or is that where "NRA Foundation" comes in and they can distribute funds where needed? Is that how it even works?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

kayt00 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

"NRA" is a 501c4

So is there one NRA entity more beneficial to the fight than others or is that where "NRA Foundation" comes in and they can distribute funds where needed? Is that how it even works?
Not how it works.
If your primary desire is to support the legislative and legal battles, NRA-ILA is where to point your dollars.
If you want to support education, like Eddie Eagle, shooting sports and lots of other things, I believe most of that is under the NRA Foundation umbrella.

I'm on the tablet. Apologies for the brief answer.

Much more here... https://home.nra.org
Click on the small down arrow next to "NRA Explorer", at the top left.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

In this morning's email:
Amazon wrote: This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, recently received a quarterly donation of $6,300.47 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

• $104,163.96 to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
I don't know if it pains Jeff Bezos to write those checks or not, but they add up...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

flechero

Post by flechero »

Rafe wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:30 am In this morning's email:
Amazon wrote: This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, recently received a quarterly donation of $6,300.47 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

• $104,163.96 to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
I don't know if it pains Jeff Bezos to write those checks or not, but they add up...
Doubtful- that's merely a rounding error to bezos.... and I'm quite sure he donates 20X that to anti gun orgs.

airborneveteran

Post by airborneveteran »

NRA Foundation update:

Your current charity
The NRA Foundation, Inc.
has received
$193,683.74
as of May 2020

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

You can also have donations to the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

Chas.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:24 pm You can also have donations to the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

Chas.
Had mine set for the NRA CRDF for some time.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

airborneveteran

Post by airborneveteran »

I volunteer with youth organizations that receive support from NRA Foundation, plus I'm a NRA Trainer. Putting NRAF on autopilot is my best connection.

:patriot:

Return to “National Rifle Association”