A little more of the NRA is being told

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

A little more of the NRA is being told

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Oh how I wish I could tell everything!!!! Patience grasshopper, patience.

It's telling that the New York Times would publish this article. It gives a bit more of the story, but there is so much more we cannot discuss . . . yet. I will renew my statement that the allegations being made against LaPierre are lies, flat out lies designed to stop the lawsuit against Ackerman McQueen. This article discloses some, but not all, of those involved in the attempt to shield Ackerman McQueen, North and others. It was all about money, not saving the NRA. Every person involved knows what really happened. As noted, LaPierre was the person who started the investigation into Ackerman McQueen billing practices. If he had done any of the things of which he has been accused, the last thing he would have done is start an investigation of Ackerman.

Chas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/us/p ... ierre.html

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A little more of the NRA is being told

Post by Ed4032 »

With you all the way.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Ed4032 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:55 pm With you all the way.
:iagree:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

It's good to hear from a known and trusted source . I think most appreciate your relating what you can. It's not a good thing to have an organization such as the NRA lose its way or get consumed with infighting at a time when it's most needed.

Regards,

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I trust Mr. Cotton, who IS in the know, way more than a bunch of naysayers who aren't.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Reform or die is an old motto. The best scenario I see is that reform and transparency would take place. To make it even sweeter deal. GOA and NRA would merge or unite their poetical efforts
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

I am still sending them extra donations even though I am a benefactor member.

Nagorg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Nagorg »

I'm amazed at the anti-NRA stance I have been seeing on several forums. Honestly, I can understand it based on the references I'm pointed to when I try to rally support. I have to wonder if at least some of it is part of a grand plot to undermine the NRA but other things are hard to dispute.

I am a long time supporter of the NRA. That's not gonna change but I'd like to find info to help refute the bashing I continue to see on otherwise Pro-2A sites.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Nagorg wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:01 am I'm amazed at the anti-NRA stance I have been seeing on several forums. Honestly, I can understand it based on the references I'm pointed to when I try to rally support. I have to wonder if at least some of it is part of a grand plot to undermine the NRA but other things are hard to dispute.

I am a long time supporter of the NRA. That's not gonna change but I'd like to find info to help refute the bashing I continue to see on otherwise Pro-2A sites.
For someone to claim they are pro 2nd amendment but anti NRA show a certain level of ignorance that is very difficult to understand. If not for the NRA, we would no longer have private ownership of firearms and that is a fact! The NRA has fought hard over the years to hold back the forces that would have us all disarmed.

Think of it like this, if there was no NRA, who or what would have kept politicians from instituting any anti gun legislation they decided was emotionally called for over the years?

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Whatever issues may or may not be at play....need to come to light quickly.

Many NRA members are 'curious' and the NRA certainly doesn't need to have troubles leading into an election year. They need to remain a strong, trusted lobby.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

flechero

Post by flechero »

flintknapper wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:01 am Whatever issues may or may not be at play....need to come to light quickly.

Many NRA members are 'curious' and the NRA certainly doesn't need to have troubles leading into an election year. They need to remain a strong, trusted lobby.
Well said. I am in full support of the NRA but I have friends who remain suspicious since there has been so little put out to counter the fake news/bad press.

Dripping out a little positive news once in a while isn't enough. I trust Charles, but apart from the forums, most don't know him or get his insight.

I wish they would just spell it all out, regardless of any spoilage it may cause a lawsuit. The membership at large needs a uniting shot in the arm! I think the positive impact for the membership and continued support will certainly out earn any eventual settlement or story out of ackerman. Not to mention the all important political implications.

I believe there are a lot of fence sitters out there and we need all the help we can get. :tiphat:

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I'm with Flintnapper. I'm a solid NRA member and that will not change.
All the negatives seem to point back to LaPierre, and I have not seen a solid defense of the excesses that he has been accused of. I don't have an opinion one way or the other. Like most of us, I don't have enough reliable information to come down on one side or the other. The fact that Chas. Cotton is not calling for his head is good enough for now.

But from what I'm seeing, LaPierre, despite all he has done for the Association as the "Face of the NRA" is seen as a negative by the non-NRA public and now many of the members. Perhaps he could now best serve the NRA by stepping back and letting someone else be that public persona that represents us all. There was only one Charleston Heston, but many of us saw Oliver North as a logical successor. Obviously that didn't work out! It may be now there are worthy successors who are hesitant to step up after seeing North shut down.

For better or worse, the future of the NRA is in the hands of Wayne LaPierre.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

flechero

Post by flechero »

Rex B wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:39 pm Perhaps he could now best serve the NRA by stepping back and letting someone else be that public persona that represents us all.
I see you point but if he stepped back now, he'd look guilty of everything he's been accused of and the reputation of the NRA is drug further down in the mud. At a minimum he needs to air the truth and then he could bow out gracefully, if needed. But until the corrupt folks are outed and dealt with, he needs to be there.

I say spill all the beans, and do so fast! The drip drip drip needs to be turned into an opening of the floodgates, IMO.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Hope the NRA gets the litigation settled quickly so as to focus on Nov. 2020.
Allen West is on the board-- one of the good guys and he called for LaPierre to step down. So, looks like even the Board of Directors is divided on this one.
Just don't know what to think about this now.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “National Rifle Association”