Hotels near PSC (and Food)

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
terryg
Posts in topic: 7

Hotels near PSC (and Food)

Post by terryg »

My post about distances traveling to the Forum Day drifted into some talk about hotels. I'm sure most of you traveling have made reservations somewhere already or are staying with family/friends. But if anyone is in still in need of hotel accommodations, here are a few clean hotels in Alvin very close (less than 5 miles) from PSC.

Comfort Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Exp
Edited to add: Best Western

These are all fairly new hotels with the La Quinta and Holiday Inn built in the last two years or so. (I remember the Holiday Inn was under still under construction and took some damage in Ike - so since 2008) and the La Quinta was started after that. But these two are the closest to the railroad tracks and the Alvin tracks are extremely busy. There is not a whole lot to do in Alvin, so if you are looking for adventure, you might consider looking in the Webster/NASA area. But there is a Casa Ole and Chili's nearby as well as several local sit down restaurants. There is a Sub-way, Taco Bell very close as well as McD and Jack in the Box a little further out.

Edit to add:
I should add, the hotels look clean from the outside - I haven't actually stayed in any of them. :mrgreen: They are all located along the same stretch of Hwy 35 and don't have a whole lot of businesses behind or next to them.

gwashorn has had a cousin stay at the Rodeway Inn. Also fairly new, but located on Hwy 6 surrounded by commercial property.
Last edited by terryg on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hotels near PSC

Post by USA1 »

Nice job terryg :txflag:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

deleted
Last edited by cbr600 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

USA1 wrote:Nice job terryg :txflag:
Thanks, I wish I would have thought of it B4.

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

cbr600 wrote:If they stay in a hotel, does that mean they only get credit in the other thread for the mileage from the hotel to PSC?
I think we will have to count physical home to range - to be fair. Otherwise, anybody traveling in an RV and parking in Wal-mart won't get much credit at all!! :biggrinjester: They would be even closer than me!

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

terryg wrote:My post about distances traveling to the Forum Day drifted into some talk about hotels. I'm sure most of you traveling have made reservations somewhere already or are staying with family/friends. But if anyone is in still in need of hotel accommodations, here are a few clean hotels in Alvin very close (less than 5 miles) from PSC.

Comfort Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Exp

These are all fairly new hotels with the La Quinta and Holiday Inn built in the last two years or so. (I remember the Holiday Inn was under still under construction and took some damage in Ike - so since 2008) and the La Quinta was started after that. But these two are the closest to the railroad tracks and the Alvin tracks are extremely busy. There is not a whole lot to do in Alvin, so if you are looking for adventure, you might consider looking in the Webster/NASA area. But there is a Casa Ole and Chili's nearby as well as several local sit down restaurants. There is a Sub-way, Taco Bell very close as well as McD and Jack in the Box a little further out.
There has to be a Denny's La Quinta means "behind Denny's" in Spanish!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

terryg wrote:
gwashorn wrote:
There is also a fairly new motel on Hwy 6 between the 35 Bypass and the 35 business. It is between the Dairy queen and Joe's BBQ. My cousin stays there sometimes.

Gary
Yep, thats the Roadway Inn. I know it is new, but I wasn't as sure about whether it is nice or not.

http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF ... 5020870949" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thanks for the information. I got my wife and myself booked into the Comfort Inn for Friday and Saturday nights.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

There is a Denny's on I-45, about 10 miles from those hotels in Alvin. If you stay near the Kemah area then you have lots of places to go to there. However, not the cheapest stay either, but if looking to make it a weekend, then that is nice to go to. There is lots to do in Alvin. Cow tipping, dung chunking and the alike. Heck we even get an occassional traffic jam next to the Walmart! Which BTW, is near all these motels along with good BBQ at Joe's. I only live 5 miles from there. You go right by my place on your way to Denny's.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

gwashorn wrote:There is a Denny's on I-45, about 10 miles from those hotels in Alvin. If you stay near the Kemah area then you have lots of places to go to there. However, not the cheapest stay either, but if looking to make it a weekend, then that is nice to go to. There is lots to do in Alvin. Cow tipping, dung chunking and the alike. Heck we even get an occassional traffic jam next to the Walmart! Which BTW, is near all these motels along with good BBQ at Joe's. I only live 5 miles from there. You go right by my place on your way to Denny's.

Gary
Joe's - of course! I forgot to mention Joe's BBQ. Very close to all of those hotels - including the Rodeway. IMO, not the best BBQ I have ever had - but it is still really good and the place has loads of character.

Fosforos

Post by Fosforos »

I'm sure everyone has made their reservations already, but maybe useful information for next year:
I and MrsFosforos stayed at the Alvin Holiday Inn Express last year, and it is every bit as nice on the inside as outside.

For anyone RVing, the Advanced RV park in Pearland is great. Gated access, pool, dog runs, propane sales on site, full hookups including cable tv and WiFi.

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

deleted
Last edited by cbr600 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
terryg

Re: Hotels near PSC (and Food)

Post by terryg »

There is also a new Chinese Buffet (named, surprisingly, 'China Buffet') right next to 'hotel row' that we have eaten at a few times. It is pretty good.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

terryg wrote:There is also a new Chinese Buffet (named, surprisingly, 'China Buffet') right next to 'hotel row' that we have eaten at a few times. It is pretty good.
I'm not allowed at buffets anymore. :sad:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

USA1 wrote:
terryg wrote:There is also a new Chinese Buffet (named, surprisingly, 'China Buffet') right next to 'hotel row' that we have eaten at a few times. It is pretty good.
I'm not allowed at buffets anymore. :sad:
:smilelol5:

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”