VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 9322
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#31

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:09 pm

I can’t tell you the last time 12 people died from fire in an office building in the US.

Pulling the fire alarm should disengage any magnetic locks in a building. But that has problems of its own what with an active shooter running around.

Many of the casualties at the Parkland High School were on the third floor. He pulled the fire alarm.

It worked for a while on the first floor, but they got wise. The second floor could hear the gunshots and were not fooled. The third floor didn’t hear the gun shots and evacuated and were killed.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#32

Post by crazy2medic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:56 am

Thanks, Knox boxes is what they were called ( brain fart ). However, these had no alarms associated with them

Our's were configured that way! It made sure our's got put back and not left! somewhere, can't have the keys to 75% of the buildings in the city laying around!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5047
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#33

Post by Jusme » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:29 am

WTR wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:08 pm
philip964 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:40 pm
https://news.yahoo.com/police-thwarted- ... 20769.html

Police thwarted by security locks in municipal building.

Mass shooter could go anywhere but police couldn’t due to “security” locks.

I am reminded of a movie Borne Legacy where there is an employee who because of drugs he is taking decides to kill everyone he works with in a secure pharmaceutical laboratory. The police have trouble getting to him as well. He goes to the extra trouble of removing the interior door handles to prevent his coworkers from escaping.

One of the jobs of the high paid bosses is to look at things like this. And say what if... since we have banned our employees from protecting themselves....
I’ve worked in buildings which had a secure box which the fire department could access. The box held keys in order to access the building. Sounds like access by LEOs would be prudent.
Especially since it was a munincipal building, I would think, all LEO or any other first responders would have key cards, or pushbutton fobs to unlock doors. Tight security sounds great until it is shown to be a detriment, to actual safety.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#34

Post by TreyHouston » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 pm

I wonder IF HE KNEW his coworkers were armed, would he have done the same thing????
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9138
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#35

Post by Beiruty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Did anyone noticed, that incident "news factor" died in less than a week?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 9322
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#36

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 am

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/virg ... a3b42.html

Considered bringing gun to work because of employee shooter’s behavior, but didn’t because of gun free policy says widow of dead woman.


Papa_Tiger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 am

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#37

Post by Papa_Tiger » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am

philip964 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 am
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/virg ... a3b42.html

Considered bringing gun to work because of employee shooter’s behavior, but didn’t because of gun free policy says widower of dead woman.
FTFY

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5047
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#38

Post by Jusme » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 am

Beiruty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:03 pm
Did anyone noticed, that incident "news factor" died in less than a week?
That's because none of it fits their gun control narrative. He wasn't a white supremacists, Trump supporter, he didn't use an evil black rifle, and it was a gun free zone. All they can harp on is the fact that he used a silencer, which is highly restricted, and requires additional background checks. The guns, weren't bought through the "gun show loophole" and he wasn't a domestic abuser, so "red flag" laws would not have intervened.
All they care about is passing more ineffective laws, and they don't want to talk about facts.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 9322
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#39

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Jusme wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 am
Beiruty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:03 pm
Did anyone noticed, that incident "news factor" died in less than a week?
That's because none of it fits their gun control narrative. He wasn't a white supremacists, Trump supporter, he didn't use an evil black rifle, and it was a gun free zone. All they can harp on is the fact that he used a silencer, which is highly restricted, and requires additional background checks. The guns, weren't bought through the "gun show loophole" and he wasn't a domestic abuser, so "red flag" laws would not have intervened.
All they care about is passing more ineffective laws, and they don't want to talk about facts.
I read some where a registered Democrat.


DynamicDan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#40

Post by DynamicDan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Yep, now all of a sudden those legally owned suppressors that are used for target shooting are evil. The inches keep coming.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 9322
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#41

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:50 pm



Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#42

Post by Grayling813 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:52 pm

PRATT: Ralph Northam Is Working To Make Virginia’s Gun Laws More Deadly
https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/26/prat ... un-control
In two weeks, Gov. Ralph “Blackface” Northam will bring the Virginia legislature back into session to take up gun control legislation.

Northam is trying to capitalize on the shooting that took place in Virginia Beach last month to distract from his racist record. His calls for gun control came even as blood stains were still fresh on the carpet floors of the municipal building where the horrific tragedy occurred.
Guns are saving lives every day. And we know this, thanks to President Obama’s Centers for Disease Control finding that guns are used 16 to 100 times more often to save life than to take life.

Read that sentence again. Guns are saving more lives than they take every day.

Regrettably, what politicians like Northam never ask is: What if the very laws they’re trying to impose are actually making the problem worse?
If you have one set of laws for the members of the government and another set for everyone else, you are not being governed, you are being ruled.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5047
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#43

Post by Jusme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1674576234

While city workers demand they be allowed to carry at work.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Havens
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: VA: 13 dead at Virginia Beach municipal building shooting

#44

Post by Havens » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Just when I thought the suppressor bill would pass in 2020. HB 2286 passed In the house this year, and was shut down in the senate.
EDC: Sig P938
Tactical pistol: Sig P226 tacops
Hunting sidearm: Glock 40 10mm
Game rifle: Remington 700 weatherby 7mm pre buyout
Currently training for Spartan races in order to get into shape for Run n Gun matches

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”