Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Mike S
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by Mike S »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:14 pm If someone can show actual evidence that LGBTQ+ people are significantly more likely to commit violent felonies, then a discussion about restricting their access to weapons might make sense. But without that type of evidence, it just comes across as bigoted, to be mild.
Agreed. And, would be nice if the mods would take him up on the offer to delete his original post, plus all other posts bantering back & forth on something not germane to this event.

seph
Posts in topic: 4

Post by seph »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:14 pm If someone can show actual evidence that LGBTQ+ people are significantly more likely to commit violent felonies, then a discussion about restricting their access to weapons might make sense. But without that type of evidence, it just comes across as bigoted, to be mild.
Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed May 25, 2022 12:33 pm

There was a scene in the movie where this whack job was dancing around in mirror wearing his moms panties, "tucked". But it was too x rated for forum. Someone said they saw a pick of shooter dressed like a girl. I made a tongue in cheek comment about the LGTB alphabet group all being mentally deficient and on the "no-buy" list. Then the subject veered off to never never land from there. My fault and my apologies! Mods are welcome to delete all posts involved and my original post that started it.
He has apologized, so time to move on and back to the topic.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by K.Mooneyham »

powerboatr wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:21 pm
parabelum wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 pm No class from that lowlife Beto. Uvalde mayor tore into him too.

new low for beto, i guess he was re-auditioning for brandons gun squad.
what a giant POS.

i can say what else i am thinking
The problem is NOT Robert O'Rourke himself. The problem is all those folks who act like he's some kind of paragon of virtue, as well as being super-mighty wise and elite. THEY are what empowers low-life types to act that the way they do. :mad5

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:28 pm
powerboatr wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:21 pm
parabelum wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 pm No class from that lowlife Beto. Uvalde mayor tore into him too.

new low for beto, i guess he was re-auditioning for brandons gun squad.
what a giant POS.

i can say what else i am thinking
The problem is NOT Robert O'Rourke himself. The problem is all those folks who act like he's some kind of paragon of virtue, as well as being super-mighty wise and elite. THEY are what empowers low-life types to act that the way they do. :mad5
:iagree:

Chuck Schumer was standing at the podium today playing politics from on top of 19 children lost to a single lunatic. Democrats have zero boundaries. They will doing anything to increase or keep their power over the American people. Robert O'Rourke was utilizing the democrat playbook.

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

It was reported that an exterior door to the school was unlocked and this is how he gained entry to what I think is a single classroom.

It has been reported he had been cutting on him self.

It has been reported that he lived with his grandparents.

His grandfather from his statements seemed clueless.

Apparently his mom has drug problems.

It was reported that he was bullied at school because he wore eye makeup.

It was reported he dropped out of high school.

It was reported he worked at Wendy’s and legally purchased $5000 worth of aR15’s on his 18th birthday.

https://www.ksat.com/video/news/2022/05 ... ry-school/

Please listen carefully to the video. He apparently exchanged gunfire with an armed school district resource officer before entering the school. Then a heavily armed tactical unit arrived and killed him. There have been reports that it took one hour for this unit to arrive at school. He was wearing body armor.

Last edited by philip964 on Wed May 25, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:41 pm It was reported that an exterior door to the school was unlocked and this is how he gained entry to what I think is a single classroom.

That, at the minimum, is something that could be corrected across the entire state and country to help protect our children. It costs nothing to keep the doors locked. Restrict access, to these precious gifts from God, from sick twisted maniacs.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

We can send billions to aid other Countries yet we can’t ensure that our schools have better physical and logical ingress/egress points, as well as dedicated LEOs allocated for each school. That’s what irks me.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 16

Post by srothstein »

Just for technical accuracy, there was an SRO on the campus who exchanged gunfire with the shooter and was wounded. During this fight, the shooter lost control (dropped or knocked off somehow) of his bag of spare ammunition. The police received notice of the shooting (presumably from the SRO but not known for sure) and responded. Two patrol officers arrived. They were joined by an off duty BP agent who happens to be on their tactical unit. They engaged the shooter and killed him, with the BP agent reported to have fired the fatal shot. One of the other officers was also wounded in this final shootout.

The photos of him wearing women's clothes, or reports of him being trans, are not substantiated yet. The photos are supposedly fakes if anyone with close knowledge of the subject (photo-shopping that is) examines him.

No motive given yet that I can find for the shooting of the grandmother. She is still alive being treated for gunshot wounds in the face. Grandfather was unaware of any guns in the house.

No motive given yet for attacking this school. My personal theory is that it was a target of opportunity given that he had a traffic accident in front of the school and then ran inside it. He may have been en route to his high school to shoot there when the accident derailed his plans.

[EDIT to add] There is too much not yet known, or not yet released to the public, about this case for anyone to jump to conclusions. I hate when the media and left does it and it is not right for us to do so either.[/EDIT]

I do not support banning ANYONE who is safe to allow on the street from owning any guns. This is especially true of people who have a life style I may not approve of or who are sinners by my religion (or theirs). I even support allowing felons to have all of their rights, including firearms, back if they have completed their sentence. If we cannot trust them on the street, we should not be releasing them from jail or mental hospitals.

As far as the LGBTQ community goes, I have met very few groups that are as strong in their support of the second amendment as the Pink Pistols. If you do not know who they are, you can look them up. I strongly suggest not making any anti-LGBT comments while they are around though.
Steve Rothstein

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Thankyou for your measured words Steve.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

Copycat of copycat?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -HOUR.html

This says took the police 90 minutes.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

Ron
NRA Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

This was a planned attack by at least one very sick individual: Uvalde Gunman Made Three Facebook Posts 30 Minutes Before Attack
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Uvalde shooter made three facebook posts in the 30 minutes before yesterday's attack:

- "I'm going to shoot my grandmother."

- "I shot my grandmother."

- "I'm going to shoot an elementary school."
In cases like this, which appears to be financed with at least $5,000, I always wonder if someone put him up to it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

extremist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by extremist »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:07 pm
extremist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 pm And yet, teachers refused to be armed to protect themselves and their students from maniacs like this.

I don't get it.
I first heard about this shooting from a woman I was fingerprinting yesterday for her TEA certification. She was mad as hell about it too. She said she’d had her carry license for years now, and she couldn’t understand why her school district steadfastly refuses to allow her and other teachers with LTCs to carry their sidearms in the classroom. It boggles the mind. I couldn’t disagree with her.

This morning, my wife and I attended our grandson's kindergarten graduation ceremony, at his school. I left my gun in the car, and we sat there for an hour and and a half in that school cafeteria while I prayed that no event like yesterday’s would happen this morning at this school. We were not wanded as we were admitted into the building, and I saw no visible metal detectors or anything like that as we entered. It appears that I could have snuck my gun into the building … which ALSO means that some crazed family member of one of the other kids—with murder on his mind—could have done the same.

It was a long and troubled walk both ways between our car and the school entrance, while I contemplated whether or not I should carry unlawfully the next time I attend an event at this school.
I think we have reached the point now where one has to decide for themselves whether carrying "unlawfully" trumps personnel responsibility for one's safety and the safety of others, especially
In security lax environments as you noted.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:09 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -HOUR.html

This says took the police 90 minutes.
90 minutes is a long time in a medical situation. Everyone needs to ask themselves, do I have adequate medical training? Could I sustain myself or a loved one for 90 minutes before getting higher levels of medical care? Stop the Bleed training is offer at no charge.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

Paladin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:19 am This was a planned attack by at least one very sick individual: Uvalde Gunman Made Three Facebook Posts 30 Minutes Before Attack
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Uvalde shooter made three facebook posts in the 30 minutes before yesterday's attack:

- "I'm going to shoot my grandmother."

- "I shot my grandmother."

- "I'm going to shoot an elementary school."
In cases like this, which appears to be financed with at least $5,000, I always wonder if someone put him up to it.
I noticed that one AR he used appears to be Daniel Defense DDM4 V11 by the online pics. It took me years to be able to afford to buy one myself, with a $2k sticker. I too am wondering how an 18 year old can afford that. Looking at what is in the media about him, it doesn’t appear that he was a rich kid.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”