IL: Chicago 4th of July parade mass shooting 7 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Re: IL: Chicago 4th of July parade mass 7 dead

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Take it for what it is worth coming from FB but there are folks reporting that this woman disguise is nothing new to this crazed maniac. There are several folks who saw his FB before they killed it and he had many pictures of himself cross dressing. I guess "cross dressing transvestite lunatic" doesn't fit the proper narrative. Meanwhile in neighboring Chicago, 70 some odd people were shot and several killed over the same weekend. Again, does not fit the narrative so they ignore it.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... k-out.html

Despite son wanting to kill himself and everyone else in 2019. Father helps him get a firearm owner’s certificate so he can buy the rifle used in the mass murder.

Police issue a “ clear and present danger “ and remove all his knives. But later return them.

Police flagged Highland Park shooter ‘clear and present danger’ in 2019; he later cleared 4 background checks

https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-par ... anger-2019

Just got to love the competence of the govt.

Highland Park shooting: Kamala Harris goes viral with 'seriously' word salad during visit to Chicago suburb

https://www.foxnews.com/media/highland- ... word-salad

Wants to ban “assault rifles” even though already banned in Highland Park.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
philip964

Re: IL: Chicago 4th of July parade mass shooting 7 dead

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:50 pm Take it for what it is worth coming from FB but there are folks reporting that this woman disguise is nothing new to this crazed maniac. There are several folks who saw his FB before they killed it and he had many pictures of himself cross dressing. I guess "cross dressing transvestite lunatic" doesn't fit the proper narrative. Meanwhile in neighboring Chicago, 70 some odd people were shot and several killed over the same weekend. Again, does not fit the narrative so they ignore it.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

presser just now he confessed to all murders and planning.

held with out bond

dad should be charged for going around law to get an under 21 person a weapon.

what is his play? he confessed and was advised of rights and waived it. so he pleads now he is crazy right? does IL have a death penalty? or will he rot in a mental farm

yes gov flubbed the ball on this obvious loon
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

wonder what the preferred pronouns are for this nut

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:48 am presser just now he confessed to all murders and planning.

held with out bond

dad should be charged for going around law to get an under 21 person a weapon.

what is his play? he confessed and was advised of rights and waived it. so he pleads now he is crazy right? does IL have a death penalty? or will he rot in a mental farm

yes gov flubbed the ball on this obvious loon
Yeah there saying Dad lied on some form.

Life without parole is max. Minimum is he’s Hinkley for 1 to 10 years.

I’m sure he would do well in regular prison.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... flags.html

Had 60 rounds left so planned another shooting at another parade nearby in Wisconsin.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Maybe it is just me but at his age, I would rather get the death penalty than spend the rest of my life in a 5x10 jail cell with one hour a day of caged solitary exercise. Unfortunately, they will like put him in some medium security jail with a TV, music, magazine subscriptions and internet access.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:35 pm Maybe it is just me but at his age, I would rather get the death penalty than spend the rest of my life in a 5x10 jail cell with one hour a day of caged solitary exercise. Unfortunately, they will like put him in some medium security jail with a TV, music, magazine subscriptions and internet access.
move him to huntsville. bet he would not make it long at all

when i was stationed at pensacola fl, there was a federal lock up out on saufley field (old navy base) those guys were pretty much free range chickens, they mowed the grass on base and had little hotel like rooms with very very min security.
you would not even know it was a federal prison if not for the little sign
not sure the type of criminals but it had to be pretty cushy
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that guns aren't the problem here....
i think he/she/them-all should be allowed pink & blue hair dye in prison ...

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr surveyor »

I'll add a bit of a rambling story from long ago previous experience to set up my question regarding this "current event":

In the late '70s I was the town fire marshal for a volunteer fire department. In one particular case, clearly arson, I was out of town when my firefighter buddies stopped the house fire and remarkably saved a "trigger device" before it activated. I'm sure some can relate to "beaver matches" .... paper matches with advertising on the face of the folding match cover. I won't go into specific details of construction/application, but the two main ingredients are the match book and a cigarette. In this case, the matchbook had the logo of a nearby honkytonk that the "suspect" was known to frequent, and the cigarette was a Winston. The suspect was a honkytonker that always dressed like a drugstore cowboy ... black pants, pointy toed black boots with silver toe and heel caps, white shirt with a black string tie, and silly looking black hat with silver concho hatband ... you get the picture. From that description, and weeks of prepping for an arson case, the fire chief (my mentor in emergency services) had joking given the suspect the moniker "Marlboro Man". Anyway, when we finally went to court, our DA just knew we had a solid case to put this guy away - he and other of his family members had a long record of similar cases that were clearly insurance fraud. Everything was going just perfect for "our side" until the fire chief took the stand .... when it got down to the actual undestroyed triggering device, in a carefully sealed plastic evidence bag, the case totally fell apart. The chief was asked what brand of cigarette was involved - chief's answer was "Marlboro". The defense attorney immediately jumped up and asked the judge if he could approach the bench to talk to the judge. That two minutes seemed like two hours, before the judge dismissed the case as the defense attorney questioned the chain of evidence. It was a real downer when the whole event was over and Leroy came over wanting to shake hands and smile and said "You almost got me that time".

Now, my question regarding the July 4th event has to do with the firearm that the lunatic used. Both last night and today when the LEO spokesperson for the media updates referred to the subject gun being a "Keltec Sub200" (yes, he said 200 .... "two hundred". Ain't no such a thing as far as I know. Hopefully it won't throw a kink in the case.

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

mr surveyor wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:35 pm Now, my question regarding the July 4th event has to do with the firearm that the lunatic used. Both last night and today when the LEO spokesperson for the media updates referred to the subject gun being a "Keltec Sub200" (yes, he said 200 .... "two hundred". Ain't no such a thing as far as I know. Hopefully it won't throw a kink in the case.
I don't think I've seen--yet, anyway--identification of what firearm was used in Highland Park. The unhinged loon evidently bought five firearms "including two high-powered rifles." "Lake County Major Crime Task Force said the suspected shooter, who was arrested late Monday, used a rifle 'similar to an AR-15' to spray more than 70 rounds from atop a commercial building into a crowd that had gathered for the parade in Highland Park."

But the rifle used was left behind and recovered on that rooftop while he/her/it strolled away dressed as a woman. When nutjob was arrested in Wisconsin, he had the KelTec Sub2000 and "60 rounds of ammunition" in his vehicle. So that wasn't the gun used in Highland Park. And, wow, I'd certainly hope no LEO would describe a pistol caliber carbine shooting 9x19 or .40S&W as a "high-powered rifle." But you never know; it was Chicagoland, after all...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/highland- ... -sex-doll/

People are thinking dad needs to go to jail.

This isn’t about that. But dad didn’t do much to get his kid to go down a straight and narrow path.

He was a freak show in a league of his own.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Highland Park Fourth of July suspect grew up with boozy parents who often called 911 to home: documents

https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-par ... d-911-home

Sweet family.

crazy2medic

Re: IL: Chicago 4th of July parade mass shooting 6dead breaking

Post by crazy2medic »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:26 am
crazy2medic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 am No cops on the roofs above the parade? WHY?
I am no cop but is it considered standard practice for every small town parade to have cops taking rooftop positions? Maybe it should be now but something in our society has gone off the rails. These kinds of crimes are all being committed by the video game/time out generation. These people, every one of them, grew up playing violent video games, watching murder death kill gangsta rap and a level of violence in movies that would have all been rated X when I was a youngster. We have now officially raised a complete generation from birth to adulthood who have been conditioned and trained to kill with no remorse by video game training. The one thing all these murdering youth have in common. None of them respect life. It as if they are simply playing out scenario's from a video game.
Maybe it's my Training as a Firefighter but you look at it what's the worst case that can happen and make preparations for that, we did Pre-Fire Plans and tried to imagine worst case scenario and best possible solution! If I knew a bunch of people would be walking down the street as a cop I would think what happens if somebody is on the roof of a building?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

As a general rule, police try to make plans for every possible contingency. But then they try to do a cost analysis compared to the odds of the incident happening. Many of the contingencies do not get counter action taken because of either the cost or the political factors involved. San Antonio had a sniper shoot one of their biggest parades in 1979 (https://www.kens5.com/article/entertain ... 687fa4526f). They still do not put counter snipers on rooftops near parade routes.

I would guess that there are not enough cops in a small town to cover the whole parade route. San Antonio has more cops but the route is a lot longer too. They do not have enough trained riflemen to cover the whole route.

In the protection business, it is a well known axiom that nothing can be done to stop a determined attacker who is willing to die to accomplish his mission.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “The Crime Blotter”