Houston: Motorist shot to death on Bissonnet west of beltway

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 4

Houston: Motorist shot to death on Bissonnet west of beltway

Post by seamusTX »

A motorist driving in the 10700 block of Bissonnet was fatally shot on Friday. His vehicle subsequently struck a tree and flipped over.

The shooting is thought to have resulted from an earlier altercation, but police have not identified a suspect.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 64074.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This area is not bad, not great; but it is close to a really scummy area east of the beltway on Bissonnet.

- Jim
Last edited by seamusTX on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

USA1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston: Motorist shot to death on Bissonet west of belt

Post by USA1 »

Dang. :???:

I'm very familiar with the area since my work takes me through there almost daily.
Unfortunately I have to travel and work on the "scummier" part of Bissonet on the East side of the Beltway.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
seamusTX

Re: Houston: Motorist shot to death on Bissonnet west of bel

Post by seamusTX »

I used to drive through that area frequently. Bissonnet got on my list of places not to go quite a while back.

- Jim

b322da

Post by b322da »

seamusTX wrote:A motorist driving in the 10700 block of Bissonnet was fatally shot on Friday. His vehicle subsequently struck a tree and flipped over.

The shooting is thought to have resulted from an earlier altercation, but police have not identified a suspect.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 64074.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This area is not bad, not great; but it is close to a really scummy area east of the beltway on Bissonnet.

- Jim
Seamus,

Although this article reports a tragic incident, I could not help but laugh when I read:

"A man was fatally shot while driving in southwest Houston late Friday...."
"This caused [the shootee] to lose control of his vehicle...,"
according to the
HPD spokesman.

I suppose the HPD then cited the deceased driver for reckless driving?

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

That is an odd way of putting it. I think most people could figure out that someone who is fatally shot would lose control of just about everything.

In the 1970s the Soviet union started to allow freer Western tourism. I read about a man who died suddenly in the USSR (I forget the cause). The government charged him posthumously with violating the terms of his visa; and the real point was that his family had to fork over a lot of money to get the issue cleared up and bring his body back.

- Jim

Kawabuggy

Post by Kawabuggy »

You'll note the use of "southwest side" of Houston in the article. When I think southwest Houston, I'm thinking Sugar Land.. But if you said to me "I heard about that shooting in the southwest side" I'd immediately recognize the "4-corners" of 59 & Beltway as the area you are speaking of. Regardless, I avoid the area when possible.

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

I just avoid Houston. Problem solved. :anamatedbanana
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Fine, but some people don't have the opportunity to be picky about where they work.

And one can tread carefully through the hazards and discover quite a few pleasures. That is why big cities continue to exist. The Disney animated movie Oliver & Company illustrates this concept well. It's an adaptation of Charles Dickens's Oliver Twist.

- Jim

Return to “The Crime Blotter”