BIL arrested - Cops entered house no notice/announcement

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
AustinMRH
Posts in topic: 3

Re: BIL arrested - Cops entered house no notice/announcement

Post by AustinMRH »

Man y'all move fast. I last looked a few hours ago and only saw a couple responses, now we have 2 pages.

So my BIL was stone sober. His GF (not my sister) was tanked. They had been fighting in the house he rents, not her. So he told her to leave, since he was headed out with friends. She went out the front door and he locked it. She went around the backyard screaming up a storm. They have a know pot dealer down the street, so the cops are usually camped a block or two away. So she was not screaming long. Exactly as was translated, cops came in, flashlights on faces screaming, but not screaming anything to identify themselves. So BIL pulls GF into house and locks the door.

The cops claim they witnessed him attempting to strangle her, what they really saw was him reaching up to take the stupid little dog away from her that she had grasped against her chest/neck. She was getting out of hand and he wanted to get the dog away from her before she hurt it.

He has no priors. He was charged with a felony assault. I presume bc the LEO says he saw it. she took photos, called the prosecutors, etc, trying to explain, but you know how that goes.

So the original question I posed is how do you react to people coming onto your property, in the dark, no visible identification (as a result of the dark and their having flashlights). Personally I let the dog after them. She will identify them pretty quick. Granted I;ve never had that kinda run-in with the law.

And Anygun is right on. This is 100% guilty till proven not guilty. The whole thing makes me sick.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gigag04 »

Ah....Strangulation is how it got o felony level.

Did the judge issue her an emergency protective order?

TBH...when you say "he was really reaching for the dog by her chest/neck..." that sounds like a lame coverup. I only say that because I hear it daily from people trying to get out of
trouble.

Cops don't camp near pot dealers...ESP patrol officers. They are too busy responding to calls for service, like disturbances. Cops aren't stupid and can differentiate grabbing a dog, and strangulation. Not to mention her testimony...which also is weighed into the decision.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

To answer the question, The LEO are going to have to scale my 6 foot aluminum fence or 8 foot wood fence to get in the backyard. We have a pool and keep the fences locked to prevent all of the neighborhood kids out.

Also, the wife and I would never have a heated discussion in the back yard. We have had some heated discussions but not this way. Mrs. Anygun would never get tanked and lose her temper. I would never lock her out of the front door.

Since we both carry, we are much more civil with each other. :mrgreen: She is a better shot than I am. :thumbs2:

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Bob in Big D
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bob in Big D »

AustinMRH wrote:Man y'all move fast. I last looked a few hours ago and only saw a couple responses, now we have 2 pages.

So my BIL was stone sober. His GF (not my sister) was tanked. They had been fighting in the house he rents, not her. So he told her to leave, since he was headed out with friends. She went out the front door and he locked it. She went around the backyard screaming up a storm. They have a know pot dealer down the street, so the cops are usually camped a block or two away. So she was not screaming long. Exactly as was translated, cops came in, flashlights on faces screaming, but not screaming anything to identify themselves. So BIL pulls GF into house and locks the door.

The cops claim they witnessed him attempting to strangle her, what they really saw was him reaching up to take the stupid little dog away from her that she had grasped against her chest/neck. She was getting out of hand and he wanted to get the dog away from her before she hurt it.

He has no priors. He was charged with a felony assault. I presume bc the LEO says he saw it. she took photos, called the prosecutors, etc, trying to explain, but you know how that goes.

So the original question I posed is how do you react to people coming onto your property, in the dark, no visible identification (as a result of the dark and their having flashlights). Personally I let the dog after them. She will identify them pretty quick. Granted I;ve never had that kinda run-in with the law.

And Anygun is right on. This is 100% guilty till proven not guilty. The whole thing makes me sick.
My bet is the GF told the LEO's all kinds of bad things that your BIL did to her. I don't think they can pin a Felony on him and I would guess the DA will do a plea to some lesser charge, but your BIL had better get a good lawyer or he could do some jail time.

To answer your question........We always have lights on in the backyard and driveway so I will see who comes in. As for the nosey neighbors calling the cops, unless they hear noises that would make them think there is a struggle going on most people would stay out of it.

Bottom line is you may not be getting to full story from your BIL.
Gun Control Means Using Two Hands!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”