GA: Federal judge charged with drugs, weapons violations

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

GA: Federal judge charged with drugs, weapons violations

Post by seamusTX »

In Atlanta, Georgia, Friday, a 67-year-old federal district judge was arrested after he allegedly bought drugs in an FBI sting and was found to have an "illegal weapon." (I don't know if they mean carrying without a license or carrying while committing a drug crime.)

An exotic dancer who is an FBI informant also alleged that the judge paid her for sex and discussed setting up a threesome.

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1 ... un_Charges" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The judge was appointed to the federal bench by President Ronald Reagan in 1988.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

karl

Re: GA: Federal judge charged with drugs, weapons violations

Post by karl »

Interesting how his lawyer plays it down, "This is really a case between Judge Camp and his wife, not a case about Judge Camp being a judge," he said. "It's a case about Judge Camp being a husband."

A husband who frequents strip clubs and often uses drugs, not possibly about him being a judge. How can someone like this even be expected to act as an unbiased arm of the law after this?
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Well, the defense attorney is going to say anything that he thinks will help his client.

IMO, a judge who blatantly violates the law has lost any authority to judge others who are accused of violating the law.

- Jim

karl

Post by karl »

Yes, but I meant the manner in which he chose to play it down. He might as well say, "Let's face it folks, this is not about taking an incompetent judge off the bench, it's really a dispute between a man and his wife and she's really strong. Let's just forget about the drugs and sex, mkay?" :roll:
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

seamusTX wrote:Well, the defense attorney is going to say anything that he thinks will help his client.

IMO, a judge who blatantly violates the law has lost any authority to judge others who are accused of violating the law.

- Jim
It's no different than cops speeding off duty.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”