Two SW Houston Men Killed Over Lost Cell Phone

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Two SW Houston Men Killed Over Lost Cell Phone

Post by WildBill »

Police responded to a shooting scene and found two bodies. Witnesses said the two victims entered a nearby food mart at 2AM to buy some beer and picked up a dropped cell phone in the parking lot. Police said the owner of the cell phone called the men and agreed to meet at their apartment complex.

Shortly after arriving to pick up the phone the cell phone owner shot and killed one of the men. The second man attempted to flee the scene but was also shot and killed.

So much for doing a good deed. :banghead:

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Police-2 ... 26534.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

OldCurlyWolf

Re: Two SW Houston Men Killed Over Lost Cell Phone

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Quite likely the call history and/or pictures on that cell could link them to some nasty crimes. They couldn't be sure the two who found it had not done some exploring or copying.

Or the two who found it wanted a reward the owner wasn't willing to pay. Too many possible scenarios. :shock:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

...shoulda oughta done been home safe at 2am...not out where the trouble is...livin' on the edge and they kinda fell off...

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

So much for meeting in daylight at a public place, dropping the phone off at a police station to be picked up by owner later, or about 10,000 other options....

aardwolf

Post by aardwolf »

Yo, homie. Is that my cell phone?

[youtube][/youtube]
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

speedsix wrote:...shoulda oughta done been home safe at 2am...not out where the trouble is...livin' on the edge and they kinda fell off...
Be sure to pass on your sentiments to all EMS, fire, law enforcement, repair crews and security folks in your area, so they'll know you don't want any help from their night shifts.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

...how hard did you have to work to make the jump between these two out buying beer at 2 am and meeting at an apartment complex after 2am and the upstanding public servants you enumerated doing their jobs at that hour because they have to??? I did most of my time on graveyard shift and if you'd been on the streets at night very much, you'd know the difference, too...your snarky comment's pretty poor...

...more in-depth report w/videos http://fwix.com/houston/share/febe2d188 ... sw_houston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Crime Blotter”