These are not good times to flaunt your wealth

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RKirkwood
Posts in topic: 2

Re: These are not good times to flaunt your wealth

Post by RKirkwood »

:iagree: "rlol"

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

carlson1 wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
mr1337 wrote:$1 million in a single closet, yet no alarm system in the house? Either that, or a system without motion detectors (as the robber entered through a window).

You would think with that much money, they could afford proper security. The robber took 40 minutes to steal. With a proper security system, it could have easily have been limited to 5 minutes or less, depending on how fast cops are in the area.
One of the news articles reported that the thief was seen on camera, but his manner of dress successfully concealed his identity.

These folks now have a better understanding of just how effective cameras are for deterring crime
On the news at 12:00 today they reported that she "forgot to set her alarm" that night. :headscratch

I have no 3000 square foot closet, but I have never forgot to set my alarm since it was installed 13 years ago.
As a general rule, too many coincidences together aren't coincidences.

Mojo84 may be on to something.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

Interesting twist in this case. Fakes? Potential Insurance fraud?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/twist-million- ... d=25021263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by mojo84 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

That closet is bigger than my house.

I don't have much sympathy for someone I don't know, but it would really suck to have my guns stolen, even though they are worth a small fraction of that.

Grillmark55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grillmark55 »

Kind of like people who post pictures on line of their safes with dozens of guns and reloading areas and mountains of ammo. Just have to wonder if they are thinking things through. (And no, I wouldn't try to break in to a heavily armed home, but then again most criminals aren't known for their rational thought process).
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Pawpaw wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Her 15 minutes of fame stretched out a bit. Not quite what she bargained for. Does she know the definition of irony?
She probably thinks irony is when you get someone else to press your clothes. :???:
"rlol"
"I don't think this person knew me because if this person knew me, they would not have robbed from me," she said.
"rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

mojo84 wrote:Not accusing anyone of anything. It wouldn't surprise me to see reports in the future that her or her husband's business is struggling and they are having financial trouble.
:headscratch Mojo84, always the suspicious type. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

WildBill wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Not accusing anyone of anything. It wouldn't surprise me to see reports in the future that her or her husband's business is struggling and they are having financial trouble.
Have become cynical and skeptical in my old age and I'm not 50 yet. :iagree:

Something just doesn't pass the smell test to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

mojo84 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Have become cynical and skeptical in my old age and I'm not 50 yet. :iagree:

Something just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Hubby's adult son has parasitic tendencies and there is very bad blood between him and step mom. Stepson has big time issues and was kicked out of the house a while back. There also may have been a lawsuit if memory serves me.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “The Crime Blotter”