Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Post by philip964 »

AndyC1911 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:46 am
srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 am I believe that the best Mr. Chauvin can hope for right now is a hung jury. I am convinced that there are a few people on that jury who had their minds made up before the trial started and they will not let themselves be swayed by any facts. I also believe that there are a few on the jury who are going to do their best to give a fair and honest verdict. I only hope they are strong enough to stand by their convictions in the face of the pressure the other jurors will put on them, along with the fear of further riots or even personal threats.
:iagree:
No pressure on the jury to convict.

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Yup, I think srothstein is dead on.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 53

Post by oljames3 »

LIVE: Chauvin Trial Day 7 – Where is Cause of Death Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?
By Attorney Andrew Branca / April 6, 2021

https://lawofselfdefense.com/live-chauv ... ble-doubt/

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Chauvin Trial Day 7 Wrap-Up: Defense Slaughters on Cross of State’s Own Witnesses
By Attorney Andrew Branca / April 6, 2021

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... witnesses/

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

parabelum
Posts in topic: 10

Post by parabelum »

I may step on some toes but here’s my $0.02 before they are taxed away...
For me personally it comes down whether this officer contributed to Floyd’s death. The answer based upon all of the evidence is a clear yes. Floyd was down, handcuffed and had not one but 4 officers on top of him. One, Derek, had his knee pressed on Floyd’s neck. As Krav Maga student and someone in EMS for 17 years, watching the 9+mins of this is sickening. Rule #1 once the opponent is subdued you STOP!
Certainly when your subject begins to foam from his mouth and seizes to move for over 2 minutes you get the heck off of him and re-asses. Does he even have a patent airway, pulse? Is he resisting still.
Sorry folks but this gestapo officer messed up, biggly. Whether that was intentional is up to the Lord and him, but it is unequivocal that he contributed to his death and brought shame to LEO community that is there to Serve and to Protect.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Killadocg23 »

parabelum wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 am I may step on some toes but here’s my $0.02 before they are taxed away...
For me personally it comes down whether this officer contributed to Floyd’s death. The answer based upon all of the evidence is a clear yes. Floyd was down, handcuffed and had not one but 4 officers on top of him. One, Derek, had his knee pressed on Floyd’s neck. As Krav Maga student and someone in EMS for 17 years, watching the 9+mins of this is sickening. Rule #1 once the opponent is subdued you STOP!
Certainly when your subject begins to foam from his mouth and seizes to move for over 2 minutes you get the heck off of him and re-asses. Does he even have a patent airway, pulse? Is he resisting still.
Sorry folks but this gestapo officer messed up, biggly. Whether that was intentional is up to the Lord and him, but it is unequivocal that he contributed to his death and brought shame to LEO community that is there to Serve and to Protect.
I agree with this 1000% but unfortunately some of the folks here already have their mind made up. I spoke to several law enforcement officers who share the same sentiments.
He is on THE ground no need to keep your Knee on his neck for 9 mins. The guy was telling I can’t breathe and you stood on his neck? Just shameful.

I made a comment earlier in this thread and some one responded and I was astonished at his response hence why I didn’t reply to his comment.

It’s sickening to say the least.

Sickening to say the least.

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

LIVE: Chauvin Trial Day 8 – Will State’s Expert Witness Save This Prosecution?
By Attorney Andrew Branca / April 7, 2021

https://lawofselfdefense.com/live-chauv ... osecution/

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RottenApple »

parabelum wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 amOne, Derek, had his knee pressed on Floyd’s neck.
Killadocg23 wrote:He is on THE ground no need to keep your Knee on his neck for 9 mins.
Except that according to the state's expert use of force witness, MPD Lieutenant Johnny Mercil, Chauvin was NOT kneeling on Floyd's neck.

From: https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/c ... osecution/
It was at this point that Nelson showed Mercil a series of photographs captured from the body worn camera of Officer Lane, and showing Chauvin’s knee on Floyd from the angle down Floyd’s proned body.

Photo 1: Where’s Chauvin’s leg in this image? On Floyd’s neck? Or on his shoulder blades and back. Mercil: Shoulder blades and back.

And in photo 2? Same. Photo 3? Same. Photo 4? Same.

This, of course, fundamentally undercuts the prosecution’s narrative of guilt that it was Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck that killed Floyd.
I'm not saying that the officer might not have made some mistakes, but can we please stop repeating the lie that he was kneeling on Floyd's neck?

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 9

Post by crazy2medic »

If George Floyd hadn't swallowed a handful of Fentanyl he'd be alive now!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:21 am If George Floyd hadn't swallowed a handful of Fentanyl he'd be alive now!
Was the contents of his stomach examined?

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am
crazy2medic wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:21 am If George Floyd hadn't swallowed a handful of Fentanyl he'd be alive now!
Attorney Andrew Branca blogged the Medical Examiner's report: https://lawofselfdefense.com/george-flo ... er-report/

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

A Fentanyl blood level of 11 says it all.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

eyedoc wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am
Did you read ME’s report, cause of death, manner of death etc?

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

parabelum wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 am
Yes. Then I used my education and knowledge along with 30 plus years of MMA training to make my own opinion.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

eyedoc wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am
parabelum wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 am
Yes. Then I used my education and knowledge along with 30 plus years of MMA training to make my own opinion.
Fair enough. But I think that Medical Examiner might be more informed and educated on these matters than most of us here.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”