SC: Drill Sargent arrested for putting his hands on another man

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

SC: Drill Sargent arrested for putting his hands on another man

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/army-jonatha ... -man-video

Video has gone viral. Gated community. A walker, from somewhere else, in the neighborhood is approached by a resident. Before it’s over the larger man put his hands on the stranger.

Here is his house tonight.
Attachments
84F94FAD-870E-4323-900C-F9EB372551F4.png

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Re: SC: Drill Sargent arrested for putting his hands on another man

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:05 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/army-jonatha ... -man-video

Video has gone viral. Gated community. A walker, from somewhere else, in the neighborhood is approached by a resident. Before it’s over the larger man put his hands on the stranger.

Here is his house tonight.
That little thug was in the neighborhood creating problems and looking for something to steal. Of coarse he denied picking on an old lady. He is a thug. Lying is the first thing he learned, right after walking.

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Gated community? Private property? Trespassing? Bueller?

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Are you sure this was a gated community with restricted access? I'm asking because somehow a huge crowd managed to get in there and demonstrate outside the guy's house. Kind of a moot point on the original confrontation since I believe that the victim also lived in that community.

Regardless, how does a senior NCO (E7) in the US Army not realize that this type of confrontation is a very bad idea, especially right now? This is a guy who works with folks of just about every race, and has done so for a long time, given his rank. He also should be aware of the current situation in the country right now regarding BLM, etc. If he thought a crime had been committed, then calling 911 would have been a much smarter move. That said, I have not seen enough info to say whether a crime had been committed prior to this confrontation.

As far as the actual charges, I think the video clearly shows an assault. In one video I saw, the SFC knocked the guys phone to the ground in addition to shoving him. That said, I have zero doubt that the charges were motivated at least in part by the current mood in the country.

03Lightningrocks

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 pm Regardless, how does a senior NCO (E7) in the US Army not realize that this type of confrontation is a very bad idea, especially right now? This is a guy who works with folks of just about every race, and has done so for a long time, given his rank. He also should be aware of the current situation in the country right now regarding BLM, etc. If he thought a crime had been committed, then calling 911 would have been a much smarter move. That said, I have not seen enough info to say whether a crime had been committed prior to this confrontation.
Maybe like many of us he is sick of the bull and decided, "damn the leftist scum race baiters". I am hoping more people stand up and be counted.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:24 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 pm Regardless, how does a senior NCO (E7) in the US Army not realize that this type of confrontation is a very bad idea, especially right now? This is a guy who works with folks of just about every race, and has done so for a long time, given his rank. He also should be aware of the current situation in the country right now regarding BLM, etc. If he thought a crime had been committed, then calling 911 would have been a much smarter move. That said, I have not seen enough info to say whether a crime had been committed prior to this confrontation.
Maybe like many of us he is sick of the bull and decided, "damn the leftist scum race baiters". I am hoping more people stand up and be counted.
Standing up is one thing. I also hope that folks stand up and speak out against the current PC craziness going on right now. But only if they are able to stop themselves from crossing the line into the commission of a crime. That hurts the cause.

I'm actually surprised this soldier was unable to disengage in this situation before it got physical. As a DI I'm sure he resists the temptation to put his hands on a smart aleck recruit several times every day. It's unfortunate that he couldn't stop himself from taking the bait this time. Unfortunately, he will likely be paying consequences above and beyond the typical punishment for the crime he committed here due to social pressures. And he should have been fully aware of those increased consequences as soon as this situation started to escalate.

03Lightningrocks

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:00 pm
Standing up is one thing. I also hope that folks stand up and speak out against the current PC craziness going on right now. But only if they are able to stop themselves from crossing the line into the commission of a crime. That hurts the cause.

I'm actually surprised this soldier was unable to disengage in this situation before it got physical. As a DI I'm sure he resists the temptation to put his hands on a smart aleck recruit several times every day. It's unfortunate that he couldn't stop himself from taking the bait this time. Unfortunately, he will likely be paying consequences above and beyond the typical punishment for the crime he committed here due to social pressures. And he should have been fully aware of those increased consequences as soon as this situation started to escalate.
Everything "hurts the cause". Leftist scum are winning the war because they will cross the imaginary line. If we all don't stop worrying about "hurting the cause", there will no longer be a cause. It is far past time for civil discord. We must fight fire with fire.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm

Everything "hurts the cause". Leftist scum are winning the war because they will cross the imaginary line. If we all don't stop worrying about "hurting the cause", there will no longer be a cause. It is far past time for civil discord. We must fight fire with fire.
I respectfully disagree. Committing violent crimes makes one look like the thug.

03Lightningrocks

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm

I respectfully disagree. Committing violent crimes makes one look like the thug.
Then just stay to the side and watch them take away your rights as you peacefully slumber.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:00 pm

Then just stay to the side and watch them take away your rights as you peacefully slumber.
Like I said, lets agree to disagree. Unlike you I'm not going to advocate that people commit violent crimes. If you want to do that, go right ahead, but please don't disparage those of us who are not criminals.

03Lightningrocks

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:20 pm

Like I said, lets agree to disagree. Unlike you I'm not going to advocate that people commit violent crimes. If you want to do that, go right ahead, but please don't disparage those of us who are not criminals.
That is simply absurd. First off, I never suggested anyone commit a violent crime. The military guy did not push the thug until the thug made the aggressive move towards who ever was just off camera. I am suggesting that being black does not give one a pass to scope out the neighborhood for stuff to steal. What was not on camera was the thug picking on the older lady. Pushing that thug was no more violent than shooting someone trying to rob you. It is just a lower escalation. Second, knock off the us thing. It is only you and I having a discussion and you seem to be trying to turn it onto some kind of opportunity to virtue signal. Please don't accuse those of us willing to protect our neighborhoods of being violent.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

They both acted dumb for different reasons.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:07 pm

That is simply absurd. First off, I never suggested anyone commit a violent crime. The military guy did not push the thug until the thug made the aggressive move towards who ever was just off camera. I am suggesting that being black does not give one a pass to scope out the neighborhood for stuff to steal. What was not on camera was the thug picking on the older lady. Pushing that thug was no more violent than shooting someone trying to rob you. It is just a lower escalation. Second, knock off the us thing. It is only you and I having a discussion and you seem to be trying to turn it onto some kind of opportunity to virtue signal. Please don't accuse those of us willing to protect our neighborhoods of being violent.
I said it was fine to stand up for what you believe in but you should not cross the line to assault, which is a crime. You then argued with me about that in numerous posts. So now you are saying that people should not get physical, and that the DI in this case should have controlled his emotions and not committed assault? In that case, you now agree with me? I'm just checking, cause that seems alot different than your posts above.

And what the heck is "virtue signaling"? From your context it sounds like that's when someone states their beliefs. Which in this case, for me, are to stand up for what I believe in but not to cross the line into committing assault or any other crimes.

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 4

Post by FastCarry »

Can you cite some sources? Id like to review them.

03Lightningrocks

FastCarry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:30 pm

Can you cite some sources? Id like to review them.
It is not my job to educate you but you can always take a couple classes if you want. Maybe watch and listen to what is actually said and occurs in the video would give you a good start.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”