FL: Murdered by a single punch.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

FL: Murdered by a single punch.

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/dunkin-em ... slur-cops/

77 year old victim, who used a racial slur at an employee twice.

Not murder, but charged with aggravated manslaughter.

Hope the Dunkin donut franchise owner has a lot of insurance.

03Lightningrocks

Re: FL: Murdered by a single punch.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:54 pm https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/dunkin-em ... slur-cops/

I don't believe the old guy used any racial slur. That POS that killed him is lying to justify what he did.

cirus

Post by cirus »

IF it went down the way they say then both parties were at fault. The old man needed a good slap but not a punch. I probably would have laid hands on him if it were me but not hit him with my fist. That's what happens when two idiots get together.
Last edited by cirus on Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cirus

Post by cirus »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:53 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:54 pm https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/dunkin-em ... slur-cops/

I don't believe the old guy used any racial slur. That POS that killed him is lying to justify what he did.
That might be the case. Wouldn't doubt it.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Older people I knew from the old South used that language in their normal talk. Even when I was little, I knew it was not Christian.

This man is from my generation, so I’m not sure why he talked to the employee that way. I also make a point of treating people who are handling my food or drink with great respect.

I will say my last trip to Alabama, I was surprised at the racial hatred that was evident between customers and fast food workers I saw while there. It was quit surprising to me. Still no one used a racial epithet.

So the use of this language was surprising. And the violent reaction by the employee to it, is also surprising.

I guess he will have a different job from now on. One where he will never interact with the public.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:35 pm Older people I knew from the old South used that language in their normal talk. Even when I was little, I knew it was not Christian.

This man is from my generation, so I’m not sure why he talked to the employee that way. I also make a point of treating people who are handling my food or drink with great respect.

I will say my last trip to Alabama, I was surprised at the racial hatred that was evident between customers and fast food workers I saw while there. It was quit surprising to me. Still no one used a racial epithet.

So the use of this language was surprising. And the violent reaction by the employee to it, is also surprising.

I guess he will have a different job from now on. One where he will never interact with the public.
On a trip I made to Florida in 2003 I was stunned by how many folks used the "N" word. I was there for a week having a race motor worked on. I was all over the place during that week and I bet I heard the word seventy five times. Of coarse nobody used it if a black guy was standing there. HAhaha. Even if the old guy thought a racial slur, I don't believe for one minute he got to 70 by being dumb enough to say it to some young buck while in a setting where he would get his butt kicked. The article did not say anyone witnessed him using a racial slur. I got the impression the young man just said that in an attempt to justify hitting the old man.

Either way, the kid is going to do some prison time.

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jeff B. »

I’m by no means a social liberal or progressive or anything akin to that, but as several have pointed out, there’s nothing wrong (and most everything right) about treating people with respect.

As we all know, some respond appropriately and others do not. It’s my opinion that those who don’t should not bring you down into the gutter with them. More that proving that they don’t deserve respect, they’ve proved they don’t respect themselves and see their conduct as a reflection of that lack of self respect.

And, it’s not only acting like a Christian that’s important. 😉

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Return to “The Crime Blotter”