Daytime Shootout In Allen, TX

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Daytime Shootout In Allen, TX

Post by carlson1 »

I wonder if anyone had an LTC and if this is going to be someone involved in self defense shooting?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw ... 790/%3famp

NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
ALLEN
Woman Dead, Man Hospitalized After Shooting in Allen

An Allen police officer fired his weapon while responding to the incident, but it was unclear if he struck the woman
Published September 27, 2021 • Updated on September 27, 2021 at 10:29 pm

NBCUniversal, Inc.
A woman is dead and a man is injured after a shooting in Allen on Monday afternoon, police say. An officer fired his weapon while responding to the incident, but it was unclear if he struck the woman.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Daytime Shootout In Allen, TX

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I was reading about this last night. It's getting crazy out there. I wonder what the circumstances were that led to a woman carrying a rifle.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Yeah, defiantly more to this story.. I've been to that McDonalds plenty of times in the past. It's not a bad area at all... Both parties probably knew each other....

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

From what I'm reading in the article...very mysterious as to what even happened or why
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

https://www.vicksburgnews.com/two-forme ... er-in-icu/
NEWSTwo former Vicksburg residents involved in shooting: One dead, another in ICUPublished 28 mins ago on September 28, 2021By David DayGloria Strong (Photo from her Facebook page)

Former Vicksburg native Gloria Strong died following an exchange of weapons fire on Monday. Strong allegedly shot Michael Cooper, also of Vicksburg, in Allen, Texas and attempted to flee. An officer on the scene fired at least one shot at Strong. She later died of wounds sustained in the incident. Cooper was left in critical condition and currently is in an intensive care unit.
Allen, TX (September 28, 2021): The identities of the male and female involved in yesterday’s deadly disturbance have been confirmed. The deceased female has been identified as 27-year-old Gloria Marie Strong. The injured male has been identified as 24-year-old Michael Anthony Cooper.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Fox 4 Dallas reported tonight that Allen Police was making a correction in their reporting and that is that the male subject involved never fired a shot. The shots fired were by the woman and the police only.

03Lightningrocks

I would have thought they would have more information about why they were arguing by now. They are both from VA so maybe they don't have anybody that knows them here. If that is the case and the man dies, we may never know what caused the fall out. It is so sad how often people are resorting to violence to solve their issues these days. I think it is happening more than it use to.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

From Fox 4 the man was with the woman shooters “wife #2”. According to the “wife #2” (witness) she said her “wife #1 and her were separated and she was jealous of the man (wife #2’s baby daddy). The woman shooter had a pistol and shot at the man and he pulled his AR. She shot him, he dropped the AR, and the woman shooter picked it up and began to run away with it when the police arrived.

Boy I hope all of that makes sense.

Back story: the police said they had been to the women’s apartment a few days earlier for a family disturbance call.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 pm From Fox 4 the man was with the woman shooters “wife #2”. According to the “wife #2” (witness) she said her “wife #1 and her were separated and she was jealous of the man (wife #2’s baby daddy). The woman shooter had a pistol and shot at the man and he pulled his AR. She shot him, he dropped the AR, and the woman shooter picked it up and began to run away with it when the police arrived.

Back story: the police said they had been to the women’s apartment a few days earlier for a family disturbance call.
That is as clear as mud. So the women were "married" and he was the "baby daddy" of one of these womens kids? Good night nurse. I'm confused. So was this some kind of weird lesbian thing with a man kicker in the middle?

OK, I found the story. Yep... weird lesbian thing with man kicker baby daddy in the middle. That was destined to be a disaster.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/woman-sho ... identified

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:49 pm
carlson1 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 pm From Fox 4 the man was with the woman shooters “wife #2”. According to the “wife #2” (witness) she said her “wife #1 and her were separated and she was jealous of the man (wife #2’s baby daddy). The woman shooter had a pistol and shot at the man and he pulled his AR. She shot him, he dropped the AR, and the woman shooter picked it up and began to run away with it when the police arrived.

That is as clear as mud. So the women were "married" and he was the "baby daddy" of one of these womens kids? Good night nurse. I'm confused. So was this some kind of weird lesbian thing with a man kicker in the middle?

OK, I found the story. Yep... weird lesbian thing with man kicker baby daddy in the middle. That was destined to be a disaster.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/woman-sho ... identified
Indeed.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

"He had the AR tucked in his shorts."
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AF-Odin »

In today's society, you can't make this stuff up. Talk about wild twists and turns.
:biggrinjester:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:35 am
"He had the AR tucked in his shorts."
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
LOL.. Yeah I had to skip back 10 seconds to hear that again...

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

You know... there is a reason that serial monogamy has helped our species flourish so well. Then certain segments of society had to go and mess with what wasn't broken!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Virginians - eish.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”