Bodycam Footage of Suspect Fatally Shooting Houston Officer and Injuring Another

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Bodycam Footage of Suspect Fatally Shooting Houston Officer and Injuring Another

Post by Paladin »

WARNING GRAPHIC VIOLENCE/LANGUAGE

This was an intense firefight:

Veteran HPD officer killed, another injured by career criminal who had skipped bond

Some details on the weapon:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin

Re: Bodycam Footage of Suspect Fatally Shooting Houston Officer and Injuring Another

Post by Paladin »

"ATF has had seven investigations in Houston arresting people, all of them selling auto switches. We seized about 104 of these auto switches and seized 11 guns that had auto switches already attached to them," Milanowski said.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bodycam Footage of Suspect Fatally Shooting Houston Officer and Injuring Another

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Holy cow! This is just crazy! When will these activist judges quit turning maniacs out on the streets?

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

I'm feeling pretty ignorant here. Have these "auto switches" for pistols been a thing for a long time and I just never heard of them? :headscratch
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm I'm feeling pretty ignorant here. Have these "auto switches" for pistols been a thing for a long time and I just never heard of them? :headscratch
They look to be easily installed parts. I heard they are coming in from China and have been around for over a year.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

This is from Chicago last year:

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm I'm feeling pretty ignorant here. Have these "auto switches" for pistols been a thing for a long time and I just never heard of them? :headscratch
My guess it is an FRT.

https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:36 pm
My guess it is an FRT.

Those are pretty cool but for those of us dependent on public and/or private shooting ranges it can be difficult finding one that allows rapid firing. Every range I have access to requires 2 seconds between rounds fired. It would be fun to have one of those but I would never be able to use it.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:36 pm
My guess it is an FRT.

Thanks, Paladin, for that December 2020 video from Chicago. That shows a lot more detail. Still just calls the darned thing a "switch," but gives a pretty good look at it...and the charming, erudite gentleman who was arrested with over 100 in his possession that he was selling. I'll bet Chicago is a prime market for them.

And belated prayers for the family of officer Bill Jeffrey, and to Sergeant Vance for his full recovery. Kudos, too, to Chief Finner for releasing the body cam footage like he said he intended to do when he came into office. Not only does it, I believe, help the credibility of the HPD through transparency, but it gives the clueless "defund the police" mouth-breathers a real-world glimpse of what these men and women face every day they show up to work for salaries that are nowhere near commensurate to the job and its risks.

The "switches" don't look like Rare Breed FRT products, though. At least to me. These look like they replace the slide cover plate on a Glock and that they don't change-out or modify the trigger at all. The ones shown in the Chicago video and in the Tweet from KHOU TV in Houston look identical: they have a horizontal push-bar to depress to, I assume, select it as either activated or deactivated. I guess something to do with applying pressure to the trigger bar or connector.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “The Crime Blotter”