TX: Martindale resident murders Muslim immigrant parked in his driveway at 4am

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Martindale resident murders Muslim immigrant parked in his driveway at 4am

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-man ... es&via=rss

He called 911 afterwards. Waited for police and cooperated. Admitted he shot and killed the man. However, I see nothing in the article to say at any time his life was in danger.

Martindale is Southeast of San Marcos.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Martindale resident murders Muslim immigrant parked in his driveway at 4am

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Of course, left-wingers and that unindicted co-conspirator organization are using this case to attack "SYG", no surprise there. However, from what I can glean from the article, the accused has no self-defense case at all. No weapons were found in the car, the deceased never got out, and indeed, was shot after attempting to leave the premises. If the accused isn't convicted, I'll be rather surprised because I just don't see his justification on this one. He should have just called the police on the guy and let them handle it.

Keith B

Re: TX: Martindale resident murders Muslim immigrant parked in his driveway at 4am

Post by Keith B »

Murder charges filed against homeowner https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas ... y/2784124/
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Keith B wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:11 pm Murder charges filed against homeowner https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas ... y/2784124/
He may be spending his retirement years in prison. Even a 15 year sentence for someone 65 years old may very well be life. He will likely die in there. People need to be darned sure deadly force is called for before using it.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Why go chasing after someone who has done nothing (trespass maybe?) and is trying to leave, except maybe to get their license plate?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Whether or no you have an LTC or carry a firearm outside the home, this is why having LTC training or similar is so valuable. People need to be familiar with the law. Knowing the law and making proper decisions have massive consequences.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:54 am Whether or no you have an LTC or carry a firearm outside the home, this is why having LTC training or similar is so valuable. People need to be familiar with the law. Knowing the law and making proper decisions have massive consequences.
This was my one concern with Constitutional carry. Making the decision to use deadly force is probably one of the biggest most life influencing decisions a person will ever make. Not having some basic knowledge on when the law allows it can lead to situations just like this one.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 am
Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:54 am Whether or no you have an LTC or carry a firearm outside the home, this is why having LTC training or similar is so valuable. People need to be familiar with the law. Knowing the law and making proper decisions have massive consequences.
This was my one concern with Constitutional carry. Making the decision to use deadly force is probably one of the biggest most life influencing decisions a person will ever make. Not having some basic knowledge on when the law allows it can lead to situations just like this one.
I agree.

But previously you could carry a gun on your property. Right?

My assumption here, is that the man pulled in just to turn around and then was checking his phone to see where he was.

I’m assuming then, his rear wheels were in the gutter or culvert line of the driveway. This would not even put him on this guys property.

If the guy pulled way up into the driveway, then more of a concern, due to the hour of night. Maybe that deserves a 911 call. In no way does it require a trip out to confront the person with a gun. He will pay dearly for his actions.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-shocked-ki ... 26397.html

National Press is having a field day, saying defense will use stand your ground laws to defend their client.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”