MI:4 dead 7 wounded in HS shooting- 15 yo in custody

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Re: MI:4 dead 7 wounded in HS shooting- 15 yo in custody

Post by philip964 »

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MI: 3 dead 6 wounded in HS shooting- 15 yo in custody

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:15 am https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/oxford-hs ... -massacre/

Gun purchased by Dad on Black Friday 4 days before.

Social media posts of gun, count down clock, etc. by teen.

Parents kept kids home that day due to risk. But no one told school or police.
MY GOSH!!! They took it serious enough to keep their kids home but never called the cops??? What is wrong with people these days???
It would be interesting to better understand the relationship between the Oxford schools and the local PD. Without the cooperation of the school, an investigation into rumors at a school is going nowhere. The Parkland shooter was well know to his school and the officials there deliberately shielded him from police involvement in a program that has gone nationwide. Parents often understand these kinds of situations and, knowing that the school isn't going to do anything, don't bother trying to call school officials. While I agree that not letting authorities know about a potential dangerous situation doesn't pass common sense muster, there isn't a lot of common sense being used now regarding schools.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

chasfm11 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:17 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:15 am https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/oxford-hs ... -massacre/

Gun purchased by Dad on Black Friday 4 days before.

Social media posts of gun, count down clock, etc. by teen.

Parents kept kids home that day due to risk. But no one told school or police.
MY GOSH!!! They took it serious enough to keep their kids home but never called the cops??? What is wrong with people these days???
It would be interesting to better understand the relationship between the Oxford schools and the local PD. Without the cooperation of the school, an investigation into rumors at a school is going nowhere. The Parkland shooter was well know to his school and the officials there deliberately shielded him from police involvement in a program that has gone nationwide. Parents often understand these kinds of situations and, knowing that the school isn't going to do anything, don't bother trying to call school officials. While I agree that not letting authorities know about a potential dangerous situation doesn't pass common sense muster, there isn't a lot of common sense being used now regarding schools.
So far there is no report of anyone reporting the threat. Maybe we will find out several did and got ignored! That my friend would be some serious trouble.

Maybe it's just me but I would have called the school, the cops, and the darned FBI. I would have recorded every one of those calls and told each I was recording them! Somebody would have been forced to arrest this kid for making a terroristic threat!

I live in the Plano ISD. I would like to feel they would take this kind of threat seriously!

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

[quote=03Lightningrocks

So far there is no report of anyone reporting the threat. Maybe we will find out several did and got ignored! That my friend would be some serious trouble.

Maybe it's just me but I would have called the school, the cops, and the darned FBI. I would have recorded every one of those calls and told each I was recording them! Somebody would have been forced to arrest this kid for making a terroristic threat!

I live in the Plano ISD. I would like to feel they would take this kind of threat seriously!
[/quote]

The degradation of our schools has occurred over the last 50 years. Personal responsibility isn't part of the program. In Little Elm, the girl's assault, student walkout, and police response in Little Elm is a perfect example. To achieve change, many parents are home schooling or paying for a charter school. Our school taxes go up and the schools are going down the drain. My two cents.
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/dems-renew-push- ... 01936.html

Push for gun control in Michigan after HS shooting.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:53 am Push for gun control in Michigan after HS shooting.
Of course! Fully expected. Never mind that the shooter broke at least five firearm laws, the real answer is to make more laws that also will be ignored whenever a felon feels like it...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Beiruty wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:46 pm
Rafe wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:41 pm I smell criminal charges coming against the parents.
Interesting!
Yeppers! DA holding live press conference right now. She just announced that each parent is being charged with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter.

03Lightningrocks

Rafe wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:18 pm
Beiruty wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:46 pm
Rafe wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:41 pm I smell criminal charges coming against the parents.
Interesting!
Yeppers! DA holding live press conference right now. She just announced that each parent is being charged with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter.
My opinion may not be popular but I think parents who ALLOW easy access to firearms to children should be held responsible for the results. Notice I said ALLOW EASY ACCESS.

howdy

Post by howdy »

The County Prosecutor had a news conference and it made me cringe inside. She was very clear that there were MANY opportunities to stop this from happening. There were so many failures at so many levels. The shooters' Teacher saw a post that the kid was texting and took a picture of it. It was full of things that he was going to do. She took this info to the Principal and he had the parents AND the shooter come to his office and bring his backpack. The Parents seemed uninterested and they were told to get the kid counseling within 48 hours. They then sent the kid BACK TO HIS CLASSROOM and did not search the backpack. Two hours later, he pulls the gun out of the backpack and kills 4 classmates.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

BOLO issued for parents of shooter. Evidently they were last seen at their son's arraignment. The word "manhunt" is being used in the media; parents may be on the run.

Edited: Oakland County Sheriff confirms in interview that parents' attorney communicated that parents would turn themselves in; attorney later reported that parents stopped responding. U.S. Marshals and FBI already engaged in search for parents. He didn't state it outright, but it seems the sheriff believes that the parents are trying to flee.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

“ a be on the lookout for “ has been issued for the parents.

Back pack story above is absolutely unbelievable.

On the radio they are saying the gun was purchased with the son there. And was a gift to the son.
The mom took him shooting on Saturday, to learn how to use.

I am just amazed.

Right up there with “ I didn’t pull the trigger”.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Update: Attorney for parents say that they have now been in contact with him, that they had left town temporarily in fear for their safety, and are now voluntarily returning for arraignment. Which begs the question: The charges were publicly announced on-air over four hours ago, and the attorney had already told the sheriff that the parents were non-responsive; he didn't know where they were and they weren't returning calls. So do we think they were just relaxing and enjoying room service in a hotel in another city and had TVs and their cell phones and computers turned off at a time like this, or did they think really long and hard about going on the lam and finally deciding they wouldn't be able to get away with it?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ESTED.html

Caught a mile from Canadian border.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:29 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ESTED.html

Caught a mile from Canadian border.
But yet they claimed they were not trying to run off at the arraignment.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Return to “The Crime Blotter”