OK City Body Cam footage

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 2

OK City Body Cam footage

Post by jerry_r60 »

OK City Police body cam footage was released of an encounter with an aremed guy. In this case by miracle no one was hurt. You can see this officer really didn't want to shoot someone, probably to his own detriment but it ended up working out.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OK City Body Cam footage

Post by Paladin »

Pretty intense video.

Glad the officer made it out of that ok!!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I don’t know if the Officer should have props or not. I wouldn’t have waited that long. So glad I am not in that position any longer.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Looks like a pretty determined suicide by cop situation.

The officer is very fortunate to have survived it after holding fire at multiple moments when he had a gun pointed directly at him at close range.

Although this time withholding fire worked out because the suspect didn't really want to kill him, i wouldn't recommend that as his go-to tactic for similar situations in the future if he wants to eventually collect a pension.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

That officer should be disciplined and offered retraining or be let go, before he gets himself killed.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jerry_r60 »

Excaliber wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:30 am Looks like a pretty determined suicide by cop situation.
I was thinking kind of the opposite. It looked to me like at first he complied, showing what was in his pocket. Then it looked like he thought about his situation a little and decided he didn't want to get taken into custody. Pure speculation on my part thinking maybe he had other issues, warrant, other things in pockets, probation. In any case it seemed he decided he needed to get out of there somehow. He didn't want to shoot the cop and the cop didnt' want to shoot him.

They were both very lucky to come out of that alive.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”